Topic:

Td:u G25??

1. Tuph is offline Drifting Ledgend

Default Td:u G25??

Hi.
    I'm wondering with PC do you HAVE to have a G25 Setup or anykind of steering wheel and stuff.

Anyway i've been looking around for a place to buy online and i can't find anywhere if anyone could link me to a place and give me an exact price that would be cool.
    thanks.

2. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

You definately don't have to buy any form of controller to play TDU, as there are plenty of members who are very good at driving and drifting with the keyboard. However I use a PS2 controller converter, which cost me about £4, much cheaper than a G25, which I posted about on your welcome page.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    A Logitec G25 Racing Wheel costs £169 from Amazon.co.uk and $251 from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G25.../dp/B000I7NRNC
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...=g25&x=17&y=20

Welcome to the Board
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

3. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

as I'm too lazy to repost; from http://forum.tdu-central.com/showpos...44&postcount=5
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface.au »
    First off: welcome dude.

Secondly: I got my G25 off ebay .au for $250 in June, so I gather they have come down a bit in price. They make the game that much better, it's amazing. You do have to pay a premium for that enjoyment though.

4. HSVxSEXY_TIME? is offline Ferrari F575 Maranello <3

wit the DFP, im thinking of getting one soonish, does anyone know if its universal, like does it have a PS2 connecter and a USB adaptor, if not ill just buy the PS2 one and buy a PS2-USB adapter

not smug, but proud owner of a DFP.

i'm happy with it!

5. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

According to this http://www.softwareforless.com/finds...?partid=73618B & http://www.darkplanets.co.uk/ps2/log...ring-wheel.asp & http://www.tgrav.com/ProductDetails.aspx?prodid=809 it is universal, for Ps2/3s and PCs.

I like to get more than one source when researching stuff, as one could be fibbing just to get you to buy thier product.

But I still recomend the Ps2 controller adaptor for &#163;4.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Playstation-...551731-3305226 is its significantly cheaper than a G25. But if a wheel is what you're after, then the G25 is what you'll want, even if it's that much more exnsive than a "normal" wheel for PC.

6. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User

i recommend getting a g25 if you can though - you wont regret it, apart from when logitech produce the g26 and ebay fills up with 2nd hand g25 that you cant get rid off

7. Koenigsegg is offline Meh.

You definately don't have to buy any form of controller to play TDU, as there are plenty of members who are very good at driving and drifting with the keyboard. However I use a PS2 controller converter, which cost me about 4, much cheaper than a G25, which I posted about on your welcome page.
    i would take the .com since pounds are much much more worth than dollars

8. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

But when I live in England, places such as Amazon.com do not ship out to here, for obvious reasons. we have an Amazon.co.uk. And anyway, &#163;4 is nothing. If i got it shipped over to me, then I'm sure it would be more than &#163;4, as the import tax and shipping charges etc.

And please stop bringing old topics up. your post had nothing really to add the thr original question of if a G25 was woth it.

I know this isnt that old, but hey. I mean the other ones

9. Koenigsegg is offline Meh.

But when I live in England, places such as Amazon.com do not ship out to here, for obvious reasons. we have an Amazon.co.uk. And anyway, 4 is nothing. If i got it shipped over to me, then I'm sure it would be more than 4, as the import tax and shipping charges etc.

And please stop bringing old topics up. your post had nothing really to add the thr original question of if a G25 was woth it.

I know this isnt that old, but hey. I mean the other ones
    I live in switzerland. much much harder to get something shipped over here...

10. TDU-RAZOR is offline Laid Back User

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigsegg »
    I live in switzerland. much much harder to get something shipped over here...
    cant be that hard, they shipped your copy of tdu there...

11. Koenigsegg is offline Meh.

took long to get it. i forgot how long though it was long ago

12. [TC]>Lee< is offline <3's TDU

I would say deffo go for the G25, Ive got the DFP atm and its spot on i love it, but 16th of feb im ordering my G25! woo cant wait
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SOOAG - SMUG OWNER OF A G25

13. Audi90quattro is offline Just a Skidmark

G25, Amazing. I personally love mine to bits. Got it in october Yes it is universal with pc/ps2, ps2 has usb ports so there is no adapter. One thing to watch though, My H-shifter broke about a week ago. Yeah thats right, 5 months and its broke . Might take the screwdriver to it or just send it back (i think it has a warrenty or should do for atleast 1 year). I have heard of some people having other problems. Its well worth the money though, I might just be too rough with the h-shifter but just warning you .

14. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Quote Originally Posted by Audi90quattro »
    G25, Amazing. I personally love mine to bits. Got it in october Yes it is universal with pc/ps2, ps2 has usb ports so there is no adapter. One thing to watch though, My H-shifter broke about a week ago. Yeah thats right, 5 months and its broke . Might take the screwdriver to it or just send it back (i think it has a warrenty or should do for atleast 1 year). I have heard of some people having other problems. Its well worth the money though, I might just be too rough with the h-shifter but just warning you .
    When I used my brothers I'm so gentle on changing gears, cause even though it feel sturdy, you don't want to break it! Such a sweet Wheel though.

15. Andrei221 is offline TDU FREAK

I recommend Logitech DFP , awesome price for what it offers. And yea it is 'universal' you just need to use the wingman drivers : http://www.wingmanteam.com/

16. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

http://accessories.us.dell.com:80/sn...9&sku=A0739532
    This is where i got mine from, but from the UK version of the site. Everywhere else i went for one seemed to only be doing the wheel and not including the h-shifter or the pedals and this was the only place i could find that does the whole set-up at a reasonable price. And if you can get a G25, i highly recommend it, it's great fun.

17. Smoothfonzo is offline Rusted Banger

After some consideration, I'm getting the G25. Weeeee!

I have an AMD 3200+ (2Ghz), GeForce 6800GS and 2GB of Ram. I can run the game smoothly without HDR on. Am I going to have any problems with this setup? I'm asking because I know Force Feedback wheels tend to slow framerates down a bit.