Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Nodz86 is offline ____________
     
    Location: Essex, England
    Posts: 3,209

    #1

    Default Demo: Need for Speed ProStreet

    Demo: Need for Speed ProStreet


    Content: Demo - Need for Speed ProStreet
    Price: Free
    Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
    Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+) SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Compete at the highest level of street racing. Experience the intense rivalry of Grip Racing and prove yourself in the all-new Speed Challenge - the ultimate test of speed and control. Visit needforspeed.com for full product info. Need for Speed ProStreet is in stores November 14, 2007.
    Size: 654.64 MB

    From Major Nelson
    Last edited by Nodz86; 23/10/07 at 15:21 PM.


  2. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #2

    Default

    Nice, downloading that tonight

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad
    Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts: 3,278

    #3

    Default

    Its a bit worrying how fast they get these games out. Do they not do any develpment on them at all. Hated them since undergroud so will not even bother.

    Thanks for info though lol.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

  4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,603

    #4

    Default

    I'll just post what I did at FC:

    To be honest it's just ok, it's nothing brilliant, physics wise Forza 2 has nothing to worry about, the cars are still too light and the grip is like glue even on dirt unless 2 tyres wander over. Weight transfer is apparent but it seems more like Underground with added weight and bodyroll. The Race was alright, damage is kind of fun especially in Speed, I totalled the car more than raced it. Smoke was good for about 5secs then the novelty wore off, driftards (short for drifting die hards) will love it though.

    Is it playable? Well yeah, it's more Burnout than Sim imo though, looks like EA's been in the code parts bin from how the damage and slo-mo actioncam shows anyway. I'd say it's a rent rather than a buy or wait a few weeks (days?) till the achievement whores have got their moneys worth and then pick it up cheap pre-owned.

    It's no Need for Speed though, it should be a separate IP imo.

    Also anyone else think the graphics seem worse than what trailers and that suggested?
    I'm a bit mental.

  5. Nodz86 is offline ____________
     
    Location: Essex, England
    Posts: 3,209

    #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    I'll just post what I did at FC:

    To be honest it's just ok, it's nothing brilliant, physics wise Forza 2 has nothing to worry about, the cars are still too light and the grip is like glue even on dirt unless 2 tyres wander over. Weight transfer is apparent but it seems more like Underground with added weight and bodyroll. The Race was alright, damage is kind of fun especially in Speed, I totalled the car more than raced it. Smoke was good for about 5secs then the novelty wore off, driftards (short for drifting die hards) will love it though.

    Is it playable? Well yeah, it's more Burnout than Sim imo though, looks like EA's been in the code parts bin from how the damage and slo-mo actioncam shows anyway. I'd say it's a rent rather than a buy or wait a few weeks (days?) till the achievement whores have got their moneys worth and then pick it up cheap pre-owned.

    It's no Need for Speed though, it should be a separate IP imo.

    Also anyone else think the graphics seem worse than what trailers and that suggested?
    I more or less agree, its far from simulation and isn't very good on the eye compared to previous NFS.

    I like the fact you can total your car in a normal race but that would become annoying.

    Got bored of it quite quickly it didn't fell like a NFS, nor did it look like a NFS. this is yet another NFS title that I'll be giving a miss.

  6. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel
    Location: RocKdale, Lancs
    Posts: 388

    #6

    Default

    I have come out with my brush to clean up and say "Wouldn't this be better in the General Driving Games section?"

    Not another NFS!! I miss Hot Pursuit, why are those games so much more playable?

  7. Nodz86 is offline ____________
     
    Location: Essex, England
    Posts: 3,209

    #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SupermAnthony »
    I have come out with my brush to clean up and say "Wouldn't this be better in the General Driving Games section?"
    It would be if there was a "mutli platfrom general driving games" section as this is a multi platform game. But there isn't.

    But saying that this demo is for the 360 so it could have gone in there.

    The mods can move it if req.

  8. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #8

    Default

    To be short: It sucks.
    I was expecting way more then this piece of crap.
    Not even bothering about the game anymore.
    - Handling sucks
    - 100-0 in 1 sec? Wtf...
    - So (Fill in yourself) easy
    - Smoke is fake
    - Doesn't look very good
    Im NOT getting it.

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  9. RB26DETT is offline Banned
    Location: Manila, Philippines
    Posts: 5,389

    #9

    Default

    i hated the Underground era. Most Wanted was the best IMO. Carbon is crap. I had high hopes for this game but yeah, I do miss HP2.

    *runs to the store and buys a copy of HP2.*

  10. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much
     
    Location: ?
    Posts: 1,463

    #10

    Default

    Played it .. was OK .. nothing special .. not going to play it again ... The End!
    I'd rather be topless !

  11. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree
     
    Location: Brighton, UK
    Posts: 1,030

    #11

    Default

    from trailers i was hoping for so much more, but after playing this, i think its just EA's way of making more money, they haven't really put much thought in this one, and just like the rest of the games released close to xmas, when they know people are more then likely to buy this

  12. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.
     
    Location: Lincolnshire, UK
    Posts: 3,223

    #12

    Default

    Pure unadulterated crap.

    looks and feels like a dodgey PS2 port to me.
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

    I'm not dead!

  13. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/
     
    Location: Bongland
    Posts: 2,003

    #13

    Default

    Hmm, I was expecting atleast a drift event in the demo..........

    Still gonna get it anyway XD

    I love the smoke, not realistic but who really cares?

    Forza 2 should release a patch that makes good smoke, then maybe I would go back and play it.....
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  14. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much
     
    Location: ?
    Posts: 1,463

    #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N1PPER »
    Hmm, I was expecting atleast a drift event in the demo..........

    Still gonna get it anyway XD

    I love the smoke, not realistic but who really cares?

    Forza 2 should release a patch that makes good smoke, then maybe I would go back and play it.....
    So what's that in your signature then?

    Looks like a realistic smoke effect to me!
    I'd rather be topless !

  15. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #15

    Default

    The smoke in NFS Sucks....
    I would like something like NFS Hot Pursuit 3!
    With all the supercars and not dumb and useless modifying...

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  16. McLaren is offline Viscous Traction
    Location: Texas
    Posts: 40

    #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    So what's that in your signature then?

    Looks like a realistic smoke effect to me!
    Real smoke is a lot thicker than what FM2 shows. It's unforunate that the smoke (of all things) is one of the few items ProStreet does better than FM2.

  17. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLaren »
    Real smoke is a lot thicker than what FM2 shows. It's unforunate that the smoke (of all things) is one of the few items ProStreet does better than FM2.
    Yes, but Pro Street smoke looks very fake... My neighbour of 3 years could have drawn that...

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  18. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/
     
    Location: Bongland
    Posts: 2,003

    #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    So what's that in your signature then?

    Looks like a realistic smoke effect to me!
    But if you look at my sig pic in detail, it's actually wrong, the smoke isn't coming from the wheels, its coming from the rubber on the road about 10 metres after the car has made them... That's why there is loads of smoke behind both cars and not a single cloud of it inbetween them... because the lead cars smoke is only just appearing behind the follow car..
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  19. FizzPagan2000 is offline TDU Loyalist
     
    Location: nottingham
    Posts: 590

    #19

    Default

    played the 360 demo
    played the ps3 demo
    rubbish
    rubbish

  20. F1Ferrari is offline Go gas makes you go fast
    Location: Earth
    Posts: 87

    #20

    Default

    Rubbish. Don't waste your time.
    "Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines." - Enzo Ferrari


 
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss