Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Default Wireless Network?

Hey, I'm thinking about getting a 360 this coming week, but I have a possible problem. We have a Wireless network in our house, so there is no way to get the internet trhough a line to my room. For my computer I have a wireless adapter, and I found this for the 360 but I was just wondering if anyone else uses one, whether it's easy to set up and whether it works for the Elite version of the 360 as well? Thanks in advance

2. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

well i use the wireless adapter and it picks up my wireless network as soon as i plug it in. So it's very easy to set up as for whether it works on the elite, i can't see why not as it runs via USB
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

3. Nodz86 is offline ____________

I've got one aswell and it works fine, never had any problems with it. It should work with the elite only downside is they don't do a black one.

4. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Use it and works fine. Don't have an elite though.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

5. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

I have it aswell.
    If you fill in everything manually and see if it's all correct then it works perfectly!

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

6. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

But speed, you forgot to say that the wireless network in your house is crap! so may be you could just buy a really long cable and put it up the stairs under the carpet! or move the rooter :s

Hope that helped
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

7. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    But speed, you forgot to say that the wireless network in your house is crap! so may be you could just buy a really long cable and put it up the stairs under the carpet! or move the rooter :s

Hope that helped
    My network isn't rubbish, so shut up. And there's no need to post when you have nothing helpful to say, you seem to do that a lot, it's just spam really, no need for it.

8. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

You've said it yourself it's rubbish - I quote "My *nnvdbkbd* network is rubbish, why do you and *insert friend name* get so good netwrok speed, and is it any wonder i lag on TDU when I get a download speed of aroun 20kps on *insert application name*"

If that's how I remember it, (which it probably was, give or take a few words), then the point you just made was invalid

Plus the bit about the wire is totally founded, ofc you can buy a cable and put it to your room if needs be, it's not unheard of. A wired network is far more secure than your average wireless ones, plus you don't get all the health draw backs you do with wireless.

And also, you could move the rooter aswell, that's not exactly rocket science is it now. I'm sure your technological skills can streach that far!

9. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

It's slow yes, but that's not the same as it being 'crap.' It does the job doesn't it?

The router has to be next to the phone line which it is, I can't move it anywhere but there.

And that whole thing has nothing to do with me asking if an Xbox 360 wireless adapter can work with a 360 Elite.

Owned.

10. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

OK, well it is to do with a wireless network which will be going on your 360!

Plus I'm not owned because I was saying that your wireless network was 'crap' because YOU had said it was 'crap' at college! So if anything, it's an owned right back at you!

Anyway, you should get a wired network for the 360 - if its possible in your house, I havnt studied it that greatly because you do lag quite a bit .... due to your network! and it's made even worse when your download files!

11. Mb

Anyway, you should get a wired network for the 360 - if its possible in your house, I havnt studied it that greatly because you do lag quite a bit .... due to your network! and it's made even worse when your download files!
    Total crap post imho.
    I use a wireless Lan Aswell, did you see me lag at TDU? Nope....
    I can even download 20 movies at the same time without having lag.
    For the Elite, Yes you can us the wireless adapter, only thing the color won't be the same Wireless works fine with me. So far (Last 2 days) i haven't had any disconnections because it couldn't find the router.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

12. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Quote Originally Posted by Mb »
    Total crap post imho.
    For the Elite, Yes you can us the wireless adapter, only thing the color won't be the same Wireless works fine with me. So far (Last 2 days) i haven't had any disconnections because it couldn't find the router.
    Cool Thanks for the help, I can go ahead and get it now.

13. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Total crap post imho.
    Sorry, but you've got the wrong end of the stick, as you may know - or have forgotten, myself and Speed are good friends in real life, therefore me talking about HIS wireless network has NOTHING to do with YOUR wireless network. For one thing, you live in a completly different time zone, so yes, you may have perfect netowrk speed, however myself and Speed (mainly speed) live in a random village in the countryside!

So really YOUR post was total crap imho (what ever that means)

14. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

So really YOUR post was total crap imho (what ever that means)
    You don't know what imho means? Rofl!

His post isn't crap! It answers my original question, which is more than you did!

And yes you're post was crap Lol, useless.

15. Mb

I know, but wireless has nothing to do with the place you live actually...

16. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I know, but wireless has nothing to do with the place you live actually...
    Generally no it doesn't ... however ...

We have significantly slower internet speeds that anywhere else (i.e. Amercia and other parts of the UK), so therefore our network speed is slower - plus Speed's is slower than mine, and it's due to his wireless adaptop being crap ... so technically those things joined together do mean that geographical and technological means DO affect your connection speeds

Oh @ Speed, yes I just remembered what imho means (in my honest opinion)

17. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Oooo, things are really hotting up in here between you two and Mb looks like he's joining. I think i will stay away and not get involved with this as it may end up with severe consequences!

18. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by TheScottishSpotter »
    Oooo, things are really hotting up in here between you two and Mb looks like he's joining. I think i will stay away and not get involved with this as it may end up with severe consequences!
    Yeah Speed will come off worse - damn it's the hols, I can't get him at college rofl

ps. congrats Speed on 700 posts - it was posted as an argument against me - I fell so proud!

19. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Now now children, please stop this, serious consequences will occur if this continues, it's not just this thread but it's all over the forum. Take this as a warning if this continues i will be issuing infractions and if it still continues ban's will be issued.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

20. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by baldred »
    Now now children, please stop this, serious consequences will occur if this continues, it's not just this thread but it's all over the forum. Take this as a warning if this continues i will be issuing infractions and if it still continues ban's will be issued.
    Sorry, not being rude ... but what have we actually done wrong.

We're only having an adult conversation, and as far as I can tell we're not giving invalid reasoning, using vast amount of emoticons, talking in slang laguage or even god forbid - swearing!

Plus, what have we been doing ALL over the forum?
    Last edited by Iced_Bullet; 21/10/07 at 20:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last