Page 4 of 47 First ... 2345614 ... Last

1. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

A very good day.

Passed my frickin' practical driving test, baby! One minor fault. Problem, DSA?

Also got the rest of the day off so I don't have to worry about pigeons for a change.

Ahhhh, tis gooood!

2. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

w00t.

I now have 8GB RAM. Next thing on the cards is an SSD hard drive, I think.

Also wouldn't mind some new tyres for me car, had a bit of traction trouble in the rain the other day

3. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Good thing someone here has good days
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

4. T1M
    T1M is offline ♥ MX-5 ♥

Got my exam results yesterday, pretty pleased with them.

5. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Well, it wasn't actually today, it was Wednesday but I haven't been online since before then or I forgot about it, the latter being more likely.

Went into work on Wednesday pretty hacked off because I'm struggling to find a new job which interests me (found one a couple of weeks ago and sent my CV off but they never got back to me about the job). My contract is meant to end on the 16th September. Just about to sit down for another four hours sat next to a phone and infront of a computer when the Human Resources lady comes up to me and says "Me and the General Manager would like to see you in his office", at this point I'm thinking "Hmmm, which of the many things that I do wrong on a daily basis are they going to bring up and use against me?". I say nothing and follow the HR lady to the GMs office, sit down, he swivels around on his desk chair and says "We've been having a think about your contract and we don't know how you'll feel about this but we wondered if you wouldn't mind staying on until Christmas instead of finishing next week. I don't know if you've got another job lined up yet, or not, but we'd like to keep you here a bit longer than intended as you seem to be fitting in well and helping your colleages out quite a bit."

I immediately think "Sweet, no more looking for jobs for now!". They then went on about some other things I'm not allowed to broadcast to anyone but that was that.

Can't believe it really. Started the job in April as someone who hates talking to people on the phone and had never had a job involving such a thing before, along with two other people who had been in customer services/telecommunication roles before for quite some time. Get to August and find out the other two are finishing at the end of the month and I've been the one chosen out of us three to help cover for people while they are on holiday. Now they've extended my contract again because I'm doing that well apparently.

Not bad, I still absolutely hate answering the phone though.

I also bought Dead Island, don't know whether it's any good or not but it's got zombies and open world stuff so I'm there.
    Last edited by GTAMADDOG; 09/09/11 at 18:57 PM.

6. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

£107 worth of holiday pay on top of my normal monthly pay. Sweet.

Shame I just spent £86 of it on new brake discs, pads and car cleaning stuff. Derp.

Not too bothered though, my brakes don't inspire the confidence that if I needed to stop quickly that they would actually help me do that at the moment.

7. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

It's CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

8. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Hot day.

Used it to my advantage to prepared my car for Winter.

Hoovered it and polished it inside, infact that reminds me I need clean the seats up a bit with fabric cleaner yet.

Normal wash outside, followed by waxing, polishing the top half of the car, removing tar and insects properly, restored the black trim and removed a couple of little scratches. Still need to polish the bottom half, clean the windows inside and out + other glass, clean the door shuts and some things under the bonnet and clean the seats up a bit. Still, it's only 2PM and it's a nice day. Might as well make the most of it so I only have to give the car a quick wash every so often over the Winter.

9. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Washed (again), then clayed and polished the old girl (car) today. Paint feels a lot smoother in places and it seems like the worst contamination was on the sides. There's that much contamination on the bottom half that I think I'll need to have another go with another clay bar at some point. I decided to miss most of the bottom half of the car out of the claying process because it wasn't doing any favours for the clay bar. Polished and de-swirled as well.

So now besides claying the bottom half I am done*

*might get the Wonder Wheels out at some point.

10. calster17 is offline Resident rubbish car fan.

I helped a friend move house today, was a good laugh(Something I've needed for the past few days) and got to see some old friends I haven't seen in awhile.
    On top of that, I got to drive his SW20 MR2 today as a thanks for helping(along with a 12 pack of beer), It made my day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calster17
    I did a 1100 mile round trip to get drunk and push cars out of a muddy field, 10/10 would do again
    ~
    Tumblr ~ Blown Turbos
    Do follow

11. Ken
    Ken is offline Fiero and G35 owner

- Made a nice wad of cash making decals for one client, now I got people calling me for decals to make.
    - Hung out with a group awesome people I've meet.
    - Went with a night cruise down to the lake to hang out with more people.

Finally I'm getting my life back together, all is good in the neighborhood

12. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

you said it all wrong it all goods in da hoods LOL

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

Most professional photographers spend all our days in a
    seemingly lifelong pursuit for the perfect image. Personally,
    I know I’ll never shoot a “perfect image”
    - Larry Chen

13. Ken

Iz all gud in da hoodz.

14. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

- Larry Chen

15. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Home from work already. So much more relaxing coming home when there's no rush hour traffic to contend with. Only downside is that I have to leave the house an hour before I'd usually get out of bed, but I wake up at the same time, just don't get to lounge around in bed for a couple of hours watching Helicopter Heroes and One Tree Hill. Luls.

16. DJdan is offline GT5 Photographer

yay today is a good day for me i just got word from my lawyer that i no longer have any depts now.

ths means i can now start saving for a decent car instead of what i drive now
    Soul is all you need

17. Ken

"debt" Dan.

18. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

Quote Originally Posted by DJdan »
    yay today is a good day for me i just got word from my lawyer that i no longer have any depts now.

ths means i can now start saving for a decent car instead of what i drive now
    Don't you drive like, an M3? Or an A4? or something!?
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark

19. DJdan is offline GT5 Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Ken »
    "debt" Dan.
    sorry bout that, thanks for correcting me there.

i knew i wrote something wrong
    Soul is all you need

20. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence »
    Don't you drive like, an M3? Or an A4? or something!?
    He had an M3 Convertible but had to sell it because he had been having trouble with it and it was costing him too much money

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

- Larry Chen

Page 4 of 47 First ... 2345614 ... Last