1. Dan G is offline Cars in mirror are losing

Is anyone else in the UK generally just feeling good at the moment with this nice weather we're having?

The warmth energizes me, I swear.

2. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Opposite for me, it makes me feel lethargic and fed up and I generally hate more than one day of sun but then again I'll complain about anything

3. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer »
    Is anyone else in the UK generally just feeling good at the moment with this nice weather we're having?

The warmth energizes me, I swear.
    Energises me to drink more beer.

Oh and take photos.

:bananadance:

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

4. Ryzza5 is offline .

GoPro camera arrived on Tuesday which works well (just need to find a codec/plugin for Sony Vegas).
    Went for a good drive (despite the rain) yesterday.
    Saw a Citroen Belingo on the way to work this morning (didn't realise those things were in Australia).
    Just downloaded some new nVidia drivers which allegedly will improve gaming performance by 13%

I wish I could improve my gaming performance just by downloading new drivers

5. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

I was at work for 11 hours..

6. randomsox10 is offline Hachi-Roku

Got a iPod touch 4 my birthday yesterday and I'm extremely happy with it. Plus no school this week

7. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

No more work for four days. Yay, no angry people shouting at me because they don't know what to do with a pigeon.

Oh and I get paid for being in bed all day tomorrow and Monday. Suits me.

8. Ken
    Ken is offline Fiero and G35 owner

Yesterday after my last class of the week day, my dad decided to try out his new fishing equipment down at the river in my downtown city. I decided to drive down there to see what was going on. After that, we got on the freeway and both of us were racing to see who would get home first. Weaving through light to mild traffic. I haven't felt this much fun in years. My dad was on my @ss and I floored it more. I was in a 97 Ford Ranger, he was in his 00 Mustang v6. With the help of the traffic a bit and the assumption that he was letting me go ahead, I came home first. Obviously a stock Ranger can't beat a Mustang.

I know this was wrong to do, but this thread is called "Had a Good Day?"..... I indeed had a good day.
    Last edited by Ken; 13/05/11 at 23:01 PM.

9. Sponge is offline Spongify

Definately. Things that make you feel good (regardless of how illegal it is!)

Day's been alright so far. Got to built two PC's that arrived at the shop, took in about £500 of work (which is a lot for a small shop) and it's friday so no work tomorrow

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

10. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

So, it's Friday 13th. BUUHHHHH SUPERSTITIONS INNIT. Ah well, I got paid, haven't been this rich in... forever.

Also overtook an inferior BMW 525i in the D-Torks earlier. Put him in his place*

*he may not have been giving the car all it had but he got overtaken

11. Ryzza5 is offline .

Hehe, the freeway was absolutely packed last night, so I went home on the highway (which has traffic lights/intersections - freeways don't). Sure it took a bit longer, but there's more oppurtunities to accelerate quickly which was fun.

12. Ken
    Ken is offline Fiero and G35 owner

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    Hehe, the freeway was absolutely packed last night, so I went home on the highway (which has traffic lights/intersections - freeways don't). Sure it took a bit longer, but there's more oppurtunities to accelerate quickly which was fun.
    So THAT's the difference between highway and freeway?

I really never knew the difference till now. (Nor had the idea to look it up )

Thanks.

13. Ryzza5 is offline .

Yeah - you can look at them here: Unknown road to Kings Way/Princes Hwy - Google Maps

A to B is the freeway, with 3-4 lanes each way and a 100kph speed limit (except for the city end in the tunnels which is 80kph), and C to D is the highway, with lots of intersections, traffic lights, etc. It's usually 3 lanes wide each side. Leave the metro area and both become two lanes, and the freeway speed increases to 110kph.

14. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

My god those must be seriously boring roads to drive on.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, he’s standing under a waterfall.

15. Ryzza5 is offline .

Not if you're weaving through traffic to get in front. They get you where you need to be in a hurry (usually), which is all that really matters. The good rodas are just off to the north-east though: Google Maps
    Last edited by Ryzza5; 14/05/11 at 00:41 AM.

16. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

I played some paintball today. It was so much fun, getting to put my FPS skills into real life Actually they did nothing, I just laid down to the ground and waited for a guy to come nearby and when I rose up to shoot a guy that was like 2m in front of me, my gun jammed and he shot me instead.

Still, it was epic and I warmly recommend it. It was the reason why my day was goooood
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

17. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

I saved a Starling (At least I think it was, I'm only an 'expert' in pigeons :P ) from the claws (and teeth) of my cat this morning while I was trying to eat my breakfast.

I was sat watching Top Gear on Dave and wondered what all of the rustling in the hallway was about, only to go out there and see my ginger cat with a Starling in it's mouth looking up at me as if to say "Look what I've got!". Seeing this I tried to walk towards the cat only for it to dart off down the hallway and into my dad's bedroom (we live in a bungalow), I go after it hoping the cat hasn't taken the bird under the bed as it'd be impossible to get it out from there, but luckily the cat's decided to put the bird down on it's side next to my computer desk. Me thinking the bird was dead started shouting expletives at my cat, pick the cat up and (OMG ANIMAL CRUELTY) literally throw it out of the room just to make sure it gets the message (It landed on it's four feet and has jumped from a greater height anyway). I then go back to the bird to see it in the same position but I notice it's still breathing and blinking it's eyes.

Annoyingly I have nothing to put the bird into, and even more annoyingly my cat has managed to open to the door and starts walking up to the bird again. At this point (to my surprise) the bird flies to the other side of the room quicker than I can blink, it ends up in the window sill where the cat quickly jumps up to and tries to grab the bird again, but I manage to pull the cat away in time and I make sure the cat isn't able to get back into the room. I open the window but the bird flies off the window sill and sits behind the remains of my old computer desk so I find something to gently prod it with to get it to move, it flies up and into the other window in the room so I dart across and go to open the window to let it out. I manage to open the window without freaking it out much more and it flies out and across the road and into a small tree.

There were some feathers and what I presume is bird excrement but other than that there was no blood and it seemed to fly OK so at that point I was happy I'd done the little fella a favour and I hope in his little bird mind he appreciates it some day.

tl;dr/coolstorybro/ttiuwp.

18. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

w00t, day off, etc.

19. Revan174 is offline Bagel Enthusiast

Well today first started out bad because I came to the realization that classes are starting within 3 weeks, and I was doing pretty crummy at ten-pin bowling at first. But after I got into a rhythm and relaxed, I started firing bowling balls at the pins like it was my job, and eventually did 8 games (5 non-stop). Now my thumb's blistered and my feet are sore, but it was worth it to have a good time.
    TDU1 Online Name: Rev174
    My Twitter_(if you're THAT bored)

20. TDUFREAK500 is online now Rotary <3

My Dad brought a Bimmer and I got six car magazines for $6

Flick
    r

Facebook
    My Website

Most professional photographers spend all our days in a
    seemingly lifelong pursuit for the perfect image. Personally,
    I know I’ll never shoot a “perfect image”
    - Larry Chen