1. Ryzza5 is offline .

Just received my GT5 wallet complete with SLS competition code which is cool, but...

2. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Day/week, whatever

The Dee-Tub is getting sorted out this week, thought I'd have to wait quite a while for the 'friend of a friend' to be able to come and help fit the parts but turns out he's free this weekend so that's good. Qualified Peugeot Mechanic, that'll do nicely.

It's the Wyedean Rally this weekend too. It's an event I look forward to going to every year, it'll give me chance to stretch my camera's legs for the first time in a few months as well.

Oh, and Test Drive Unlimited 2 is out this week.

3. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Double post. Therefore I am the happiest person on the forums

Car got (mostly) sorted out today. New water-pump and timing belt and crankshaft pulley went on, the car no longer sounds like a bag of nails (as far as diesels go). It's a lot quieter though and it's something that can be put to the back of my mind now.

See the "Had a Bad Day?" thread for second half of the story. Herp derp.

4. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Triple-Post. Carrying on my "Happy-Person" status in this thread

Applied for some jobs. Got a reply from one asking me to fill in a questionaire and also saying I had a good chance of getting an interview within an hour of me sending the original email. It's work from home and part-time for now while the company sets up an office in the town I live in so it's a result even if I did have to walk to work, it's not far at all.

Also got the chance to put my car inside the garage out of the rain today. My dad's staying at his partners house so the Alfa's out and the DeeTub is off the drive and into the garage along with the Skoda for a change. My current car and hopefully my next car parked next to each other

Skoda's rear tyres are on the limiters as I discovered on Monday when I washed it. Scared my dad because he said "Oh no, it'll be fine for me to drive it" and I said "I suspect the police will have a different point of view if you haven't got proof you're on your way to getting the tyres changed". He hasn't driven it this week

5. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Quad-Post Extravaganza. Cowabunga!

Had a phone call today inviting me to an interview, just a shame I missed it and they left a voice mail

They also sent me an email inviting me to the interview which is apparently at 1:15AM. Someone's obviously still half asleep from the weekend.. I hope

I'm more concerned about getting there now rather than the interview itself

6. Sponge is offline Spongify

Best of luck matey.

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

7. eXile is offline Keep Walking

Good luck mate!

8. Ryzza5 is offline .

I was on a TDU2 cruise yesterday, and I had fun!

*faints*

9. ScoobSTi is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza5 »
    I was on a TDU2 cruise yesterday, and I had fun!

*faints*
    *Sniff sniff*

Don't you smell that? I smell something funny...

Smells like SARCASM!

10. Ryzza5 is offline .

erm, no.

11. iLLGT3 is offline Car Aficianado

I am off of work. Sign of a good day.

12. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Went for a second interview (for the same job) today and thought I royally screwed it up when I got asked how I'd deal with a certain type of situation and I gave what I thought was the most retarded answer ever.

Don't know what I did but they phoned up at 4:50PM and offered me the job. I start on the 4th April

13. eXile is offline Keep Walking

Haha nice one dude

14. Ryzza5 is offline .

They must've valued your honesty

Congrats

15. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Cheers, y0.

Serviced my car yesterday. New air filter, oil filter, fuel filter and oil.

All that's left to do is swap the driver-side front wheel for one of the spares I have because the tread is getting low and the tyre's wearing quite quickly on the outside and then sort out one of the belt tensioners which is seized up and then she should be sorted... mechanically.

16. Ryzza5 is offline .

Cool - your car should feel a fair bit 'zippier' now with those new parts

17. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Went for my first proper bike ride in... a number of years today. Did better than I expected and I'm obviously fitter than I thought I was, which is strange because the last time I went on a bike ride it was with Mistermojo and I basically died.

Might take it up as a different hobby to sitting on a computer doing sod-all, but not in a serious "MUST GET FIT" sort of way. Just to keep me oot 'n' aboot.

18. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

Met a guy who's a DJ at parties today and also claims to have seen many UFOs over the last decade or so. He also claims to know that crop-circles are made by people who wish to attract UFOs by using the weird designs you sometimes see and completely denies crop-circles being created by UFOs which have landed, he apparently knows quite a few people who make the crop circles including one that appeared in a field near to me about 6 months ago.

He also claims to have seen an E.T. of which he could describe in quite a lot of detail but the mental image generated in my mind made me question myself as to whether I should believe the guy or not. He described it as "Absolutely the most horrible thing I've seen in my entire life. It was covered in spikes like a hedge-hog and also had no face, but had two piercing blue dots which I presumed to be the being's eyes and it also hovered above the ground despite having limbs which looked a lot like legs. Once I'd got my mind around what I could possibly be stood infront of I put my hand out and was about to greet it before it shot off up into the sky in a blink of an eye".

I must add, though, that he did look like a 1970s Hippie and didn't look like the sort of guy who gets out of the house a lot and neither did he look like he was a stranger to illegal substances. But, saying that, it was interesting enough listening to him anyway. He even has his own website which he claims has 100% real photographs, unedited, of some of the things he's seen although he can't say the same about the videos which are not his.
    Last edited by GTAMADDOG; 09/04/11 at 20:17 PM.

19. Jazzi is offline Spongehhhhh <33 xxx

Quote Originally Posted by GTAMADDOG »
    Met a guy who's a DJ at parties today and also claims to have seen many UFOs over the last decade or so. He also claims to know that crop-circles are made by people who wish to attract UFOs by using the weird designs you sometimes see and completely denies crop-circles being created by UFOs which have landed, he apparently knows quite a few people who make the crop circles including one that appeared in a field near to me about 6 months ago.

He also claims to have seen an E.T. of which he could describe in quite a lot of detail but the mental image generated in my mind made me question myself as to whether I should believe the guy or not.

I must add, though, that he did look like a 1970s Hippie and didn't look like the sort of guy who gets out of the house a lot and neither did he look like he'd be a stranger to illegal substances. But, saying that, it was interesting enough listening to him anyway. He even has his own website which he claims has 100% real photographs, unedited of some of the things he's seen although he can't say the same about the videos which are not his.
    Total ROFL. He sounds brilliant. I wanna hi-5 him.

I've been out for about 11 hours on the motorbike with Spongie today. Only came home for a 3 hour break! Didn't cover many miles, but it was so much fun

20. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

...I got home 10 minutes earlier because the train is awesome-skates. Had a cup of tea on the desk with the computer ready to launch a game before I'd normally be seen walking up the road
    Last edited by GTAMADDOG; 20/04/11 at 18:19 PM.