Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Exclamation Top Gear Returns Next Week!!!!

Yes Clarkson, Hamster and Captain Slow return next week (7/10/07) on BBC 2 at 8pm GMT+1.

The 1st show has the 2mile Sprint between the Bugatti Veyron against the RAF's new Eurofighter Typhoon jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgear.com
    October 1, 2007 TGTV preview: Veyron vs jet fighter

There are just six days to go until the new series of Top Gear returns to your Sunday night on BBC Two.
    Throughout the week, we'll be counting down to lift-off with sneak previews of the biggest challenges, races and stunts that you can look forward to in the new series.
    And races don't come much bigger than this one: the Bugatti Veyron against the RAF's new Eurofighter Typhoon jet.
    See, when Jeremy raced Richard and James across Europe - him in a Veyron and the other two in a washing-machine-with-a- propellor-on-the-front - a few of the boys from the RAF got a bit upset that it wasn't a fair fight.
    They had a point, in fairness - the finest piece of automotive engineering in history versus a clattery Cessna 182 was only ever going to end one way.
    So the RAF offered up their base for a proper race: a two-mile sprint between the Veyron and a jet fighter.
    That's a mile to the end of the runway and back for the Veyron, while the jet plane - being able to fly and all - had to go a mile straight up in the air and then, well, a mile straight back down again.
    A fair fight? Of course not. A close race? You'll just have to wait until Sunday to find out.
    The new series of Top Gear starts this Sunday at 8pm on BBC2.

For more info and pics go here:
    http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2278/
    Last edited by Nodz86; 01/10/07 at 18:02 PM.

2. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Cool! That's 9PM Dutch time so i will be watching their new series

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Dosn't everyone know this already?
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

4. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I didn't Thanks Nodz + rep
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

5. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Neither did I. I live in the US. It sucks cause I can't get BBC 2.

6. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Ahh, yay! Thanks for this much awaited information +rep

7. TestDriver23 is offline Ummm...I'm 10..

I just download the torrent

8. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Quote Originally Posted by TestDriver23 »
    I just download the torrent
    Lol, #1 - The episode hasn't even premiered in England yet so there will not be a torrent of it anywhere... I've even checked so I know this post is correct.

#2 - I know from experience that this sort of comment is not appreciated on these boards.

9. Nodz86 is offline ____________

1st post updated with more info on the 1st episode

10. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

Too bad I wont get it here for another year...

Edit: oh, and the Cessna 182 is not a fighter, but a standard PROP plane: the one they raced from italy(?)

I think it was a Harrier Jump Jet (?) over the 2 mile sprint, as that photo suggests
    Last edited by ScaR; 01/10/07 at 10:51 AM.

11. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Its a eurofighter isn't it?

EDIT: even says it is in the text.

"And races don't come much bigger than this one: the Bugatti Veyron against the RAF's new Eurofighter Typhoon jet. "
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

12. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

OT: haha If I didn't have nugget of the week, I'd vote for you But we'll just have to wait for next week xD
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

13. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Ah thank you! I've been wanting to watch some Top Gear for ages! And best thing about BBC2, NO ADVERTS!

14. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel

Of course, the Bugatti Veyron vs the jet will be a photo finish or very close, as that's what Top Gear do with these types of things.

15. Nige is offline Buy American ....

YESSS !!!!!!!!!

Bring on Sunday we got Top Gear then at 10 we have Billie Piper in lingerie ! Can Sunday night TV get any better ????

I think not, well not until Lost starts again.
    Last edited by Nige; 01/10/07 at 18:27 PM.
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

16. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel

And that's going to be a looooooooooong wait for less episodes. 4 months to go is it?

17. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Quote Originally Posted by SupermAnthony »
    And that's going to be a looooooooooong wait for less episodes. 4 months to go is it?
    If your on about Lost then yeah there is only 16 episodes in each series now and it starts in February and also the best thing about it is we find the real truth about the whole program in 2010 lol !
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

18. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Quote Originally Posted by SupermAnthony »
    Of course, the Bugatti Veyron vs the jet will be a photo finish or very close, as that's what Top Gear do with these types of things.
    My Money is certainly on the Jet as as quick as the Veyron this is a eurofigher, come one, it has no chance.
    -----

19. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel

Yeah I know. But you know what they're like with making things close.
    Example:
    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

And Colin McRae is on it!

20. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Thats not Top Gear.
    -----

Page 1 of 2 12 Last