Results 1 to 15 of 15

  1. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #1

    Default Mb's Drift Videos

    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

    Give me tips to improve things, please?
    I know i went to hard on the gas on some bits, i know i entered some corners wrong and went way to fast so i couldn't even begein a drift.
    Anyway. ENJOY!

    Music: JFK - Whiplash (Bad Habit Boys Remix)
    Last edited by Mb; 29/09/07 at 15:34 PM.

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.


  2. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian
    Location: USA! USA! USA!
    Posts: 1,902

    #2

    Default

    Just practice, I also still need practice, try to start drifting with hypersport or off and drift with Automatic if you have to.

  3. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarboyX »
    Just practice, I also still need practice, try to start drifting with hypersport or off and drift with Automatic if you have to.
    I drift with Hypersport, and manual gearbox is way better to control your revs. Else it's going to shift gears in a turn and crash immediately

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  4. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian
    Location: USA! USA! USA!
    Posts: 1,902

    #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mb »
    I drift with Hypersport, and manual gearbox is way better to control your revs. Else it's going to shift gears in a turn and crash immediately
    It is possible to drift with auto though and just some practice will help, but I'll try manual sometime.

  5. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master
    Location: New Jersey, USA
    Posts: 1,532

    #5

    Default

    Yeah all I did was practice and practice more. Practice make perfect. Don't give up and strive for that perfect line.
    (Do you use wheel or keyboard)




  6. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingSkyline »
    Yeah all I did was practice and practice more. Practice make perfect. Don't give up and strive for that perfect line.
    (Do you use wheel or keyboard)
    I haven't been playing much, was my first time on TDU in 2 weeks i guess
    I use wheel

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  7. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #7

    Default

    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

    2nd vid

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  8. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/
     
    Location: Bongland
    Posts: 2,003

    #8

    Default

    Even though I am a 360 drifter not a PC drifter you asked for my opinion, so I will comment on what I saw and if I get anything wrong due to the PC version being slightly different, please don't flame lol..

    Anyway, you are pretty good, what I did notice was you're 'bouncing' the throttle as opposed to smooth throttle work, the lines you took weren't bad, but to get the 'perfect' line you need to be sideways before the turn, and on the opposite side of the road, ie. a left hand turn, get on the right hand side of the tarmac before throwing it sideways roughly 20 yrds before the turn.

    Also I noticed you straightened up between corners, to keep a long smooth drift going try to link the corners together, and always look for a good line, and if traffic gets in the way just adjust the drift to go around them as opposed to straightening up and starting again.

    PS. with the Z06, make sure it's Stg3 (Stg2 for racing, Stg3 for drifting) and you only need to use 4th gear (unless the PC version doesn't have stupidly short gear ratios like the 360s Z06)
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  9. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N1PPER »
    Even though I am a 360 drifter not a PC drifter you asked for my opinion, so I will comment on what I saw and if I get anything wrong due to the PC version being slightly different, please don't flame lol..

    Anyway, you are pretty good, what I did notice was you're 'bouncing' the throttle as opposed to smooth throttle work, the lines you took weren't bad, but to get the 'perfect' line you need to be sideways before the turn, and on the opposite side of the road, ie. a left hand turn, get on the right hand side of the tarmac before throwing it sideways roughly 20 yrds before the turn.

    Also I noticed you straightened up between corners, to keep a long smooth drift going try to link the corners together, and always look for a good line, and if traffic gets in the way just adjust the drift to go around them as opposed to straightening up and starting again.

    PS. with the Z06, make sure it's Stg3 (Stg2 for racing, Stg3 for drifting) and you only need to use 4th gear (unless the PC version doesn't have stupidly short gear ratios like the 360s Z06)
    Thanks for the input!
    I'll work on that and post another video sometime
    I always drift in 3rd gear with the Z06, because on 4th gear i'm going way to fast and crash everywhere lol. Yeah i need to work on my driving line indeed But for me as i'm just a noob drifter it's hard to keep it sideways between turns, same goes for evading traffic Yes mine is stage 3

    Btw, can you tell me all the nice drift roads except the Tantalus and Kelekole pass? You're pro so

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  10. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/
     
    Location: Bongland
    Posts: 2,003

    #10

    Default

    Why do people keep saying I am Pro? I am ACE LMFAO

    Anyway, if you PM me a map (duno where it is on the forums) I will highlight the roads on the map for you
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  11. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 2,724

    #11

    Default

    Here's the Map. It doesn't show every road though and the icons get in the way quite a bit... Hope it helps anyway

  12. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/
     
    Location: Bongland
    Posts: 2,003

    #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed »
    Here's the Map. It doesn't show every road though and the icons get in the way quite a bit... Hope it helps anyway
    Cheers man

    http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5...ftroadsml7.jpg

    There ya go, I know the black lines are too thick but it gives you a good idea of where to go
    Last edited by Nipper; 28/09/07 at 18:30 PM.
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  13. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #13

    Default

    Thanks a lot!
    I'll take my Zonda over there

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  14. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #14

    Default Mb's Drift Videos

    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

    First time that i drift in a Zonda
    I know some of the lines are poor and that i had a noobish crash, but i followed some of Nippers advice as the others didn't really work out, yet
    Last edited by Mb; 29/09/07 at 11:37 AM.

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  15. Enos is offline I spread love via Sigs!!
    Location: York
    Posts: 308

    #15

    Default

    Let the drift run out for longer, keep the throttle nice and open nd leave nice and dark blackies on the road!


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss