View Poll Results: Landscape or Portrait?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Landscape

4 16.67%
  • Portrait

16 66.67%
  • Not Bothered

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

1. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Default TDU Central Mag - Halloween '07

Quote Originally Posted by Speed »
    TheScottishSpotter has had the idea to create a TDU Central magazine and has asked me to post about it. It will feature reviews, comparisons and just general info about the cars available in TDU.

This will be across all platforms. If you play PC, PS2 or 360, you are all welcome to write any type of page for the magazine, there will be sections for each console.

Now obviously it is not possible to do it all by ourselves, so we are looking for anyone who is willing to take part, and would like to write a review to go in the magazine.

We are looking to release the magazine monthly on the forums, so the first issue will hopefully be released on 1st September.

The size for each page needs to be approximately 2238x1500 pixels. Do not worry if you cannot make a page this large as we can edit pages together and or enlarge pages before we put them in the magazine. Feel free to do your page in Microsoft Word or a similar program. Myself and TheScottishSpotter may copy your text and images into photoshop, to make the page up to size, but we will not change any of your formatting without your permission.

The pages will need to me emailed to either myself and you can find my email address in my forum profile.

No, you will not be getting paid, this is just a bit of fun, the magazine will be for everyone to read, no money exchange between anyone will take place.

So if anyone is interested, let us know. You can review any car you wish, however please check the post below to make sure it has not already been done, we don't want 15 different Enzo reviews

This post will be updated as need be and I'm sure TheScottishSpotter will have some things to say below also, and or course add all the things I have forgotten.

Thanks for reading,

Speed.

With the start of the school term, and the run up to Christmas etc, many of the writers are busy at the moment which is why we are not looking for an October 1st release this month. However I would like to release the next issue of the magazine on Halloween, 31st October, so I have made this topic just to let anyone who wants to contrbute aware of this. This gives us 38 days including today to write enough pages to fill a magazine Also with the run up to the October break, this should be plenty of time for anyone who wants to, to contribute

I know the magazine was very popular last time, so I hope this has made you consider the possibility of contributing this time

This time the page size needs to be 1000 width x 1200 height.

Posted below will be the review list as before, so if you're writing something, let me know so I can post it and noone else will do the same
    Last edited by Speed; 26/09/07 at 14:27 PM.

2. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Templates: If you're using an eleborate background image then you don't need to include the 2 smaller photos unless you want to. However in the comparisons, am image of each must be included Thanks.

Review: __________Comparisons:

Font: I am not worried about what font anyone uses, as long as it is readable! I like custom fonts and most of my pages will be include them and as it would be ridiculous to expect everyone to download the same fonts as me, I feel it's better to just choose your own font, to put to your own style of writing

Cars Currently Being Reviewed:

Issue Two/ Halloween '07:

PC-
    Ducati 999 R/ Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R/ MV Augusta F4 Tamburini - Speed
    Ford GT - Speed
    Audi RS4 - SuperHyperTDU
    Ferrari F430 Spyder - Mb
    Mercedes Benz SL 65 AMG / Ferrari 288 GTO - Iced_Bullet
    Jaguar E-Type/ Maserati 3500 GT - buttsneeze

360-
    Mclaren F1 - Diablo (Maybe)
    TVR Tuscan/ TVR Sagaris - Pherelas (Iced_Bullet)

PS2/ PSP-
    N/A

Custom Pages -
    Police Evasion - Zarano
    Credits/Thanks - Speed
    Last edited by Speed; 26/09/07 at 07:11 AM.

3. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

I'll do a Corvette C6 Z06 review
    Do we have to make our own background and stuff or will you guys take out the text and pictures?

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

4. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Make your own background if you want/ have time to.

If not we can take your text and pics and put them into a page for you like before, just better this time Lol. No mirrored images this time, well maybe a few

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I think it would be a good idea to have a uniformed design for the magazine thus the pages will flow better and it will take you less by surprise when turning pages. Also stick to black text, don't go all colour coded and such, pick a font and stick to it, continuity is always a good thing with publications.

Just some suggestions is all.

I'd like to do a review also but I'm not sure of what, McLaren F1 maybe!
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Yes a uniformed design does sound good. So for now, until I make one up or find someone to make one then if you're eager to do a review, just do the text and find some good pics for now, then when I get a layout together we can use that and throw it all together, Thanks Diablo

7. Mb

Oh, can you swap my Z06 for a F430 Spider?
    I got all the information and the photo's for that one already and i'll try to make a good looking design on it

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

8. Mb

I tried something out:

Page size: 1024 x 768
    Font:
    - Title: BankGothic Md BT (72 pt)
    - Text: Arial (18 pt)

Then i took a overall shot of the car as background, photoshopped some parts and then i got this:

I think the sizes are quite cool for a magazine, not to large but still good readable.
    And also fonts look good together
    So if this is ok i'll go on making my review

9. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

This time the page size needs to be 1000 width x 1200 height.
    Last edited by Speed; 26/09/07 at 14:28 PM.

10. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Pherelas' review on TVR's will be designed by me

And I'd like to do a review myself on the mercedes benz sl 65 amg / ferrari 288 gto (I havnt decided yet.) Sorry.
    Last edited by Iced_Bullet; 22/09/07 at 16:29 PM.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

11. Mb

So it's ok if i use the 1119 x 750 one?

12. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Yup.

13. Mb

But don't all the pages look different then? As my pages are wider then yours?

14. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I'm going to try and do another one but probably won't be able to, way to busy at the moment. Will put more effort into it that the TVR one and do the page layout aswell. No idea, will think about what I can do and get back to you somewhen.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

15. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Quote Originally Posted by Mb »
    But don't all the pages look different then? As my pages are wider then yours?
    Yes they will, but I can't think of any other way to have both landscape and portrait pages in the magazine, unless we choose one or the other, which is bound to upset half the people who want to write reviews So for this issue we'll just have to try to use the sizes above and see how it comes out...

16. buttsneeze is offline Burnt-out Shell

I'd like to write a comparison between the Jaguar E-Type and the Maserati 3500 GT (PC)

17. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

You really need to choose one or the other buddy and stick to that size and that size only. Get some ideas put in and have people test them and see what they think about it then those who wish to work on the mag have their dimensions set and can get to work on their reviews or features. I started work on a mag cover idea last week and will be showing it later tonight, it's not the sizes you've depicted but it can be changed as I'm just playing with ideas right now.
    I'm a bit mental.

18. Mb

The 1119 x 750 is really great i think as there is lot of space, and it's a normal size in width for a PC to work with. So everybody will be able to read it

19. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default OCT 07 mag proposal

This is what I have ended up with, original was 1200x1000 so that aligning of images (original sized) and text etc can be done easily and then the one you see below is resized to 750x900. 750 wide means those with resolutions of 800x600 (why though who knows!) won't have any issues with scrolling and will be able to read it fine.

I do like the idea of 1119x750 also as it gives it an almost Calendar/Annual like look to it.

Anyway let me know what you think, was about in total 90mins work. Thanks!

I'm a bit mental.

20. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

I like that a lot, it's a great effort, Thumbs Up!!
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last