Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Test Drive Unlimited (X360) is 4!

Yep can you believe it! The game we all adore to this day is 4 this week on it's original Xbox 360 release. Released the 5th of September in the US and the 8th in Europe and PAL regions, the game that has grown into somewhat of a cult icon and has provided lots of fun and general conversation amongst friends and random people is already 4 years past.

Crazy huh?

And here we are awaiting it's successor, time really does fly huh?!
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Robban93 is offline Because i say so!

I remember some guy ask'd me for cheat codes, about a week after release.

those where the times at 7th grade

Life is not those days that passes by, but those days you remember...

Rich Original Brutal Equip Raw Tasteful
    PoTW #68 Winner
    PSN: BMW_RobertL_93

3. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Ha, Happy 4th xD

This game put me off of my GCSEs at the begining of Y10. They were the days.

4. T1M
    T1M is offline ♥ MX-5 ♥

Happy Birthday TDU, have a good 'un.

I didn't get the game then but I remember seeing it in Tesco and I wanted it immedietly.

5. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVeloce »
    Happy Birthday TDU, have a good 'un.

I didn't get the game then but I remember seeing it in Tesco and I wanted it immedietly.
    Haha, I got it even though I didn't have an Xbox. Only got to play it for an hour or so a week until I got my own Xbox 2 months later.

6. eXile is offline Keep Walking

Yeah I got it 2 days after release and I was like ZOMG this is sick!! Happy 4th TDU

7. zo6dude is offline Like My Tail Lights?

Sure it's just a game, but its my all time favourite, IMO it's better than any Gran Turismo, Forza, or NFS game ever made. TDU was fun from the day I got it and still is, even after about 4 years( I didn't get mine till December). I have made many online friends here and in game and it always makes you feel welcome as there is always someone having a cruise, or racing, etc. TDU brought as all together, and the sequel will keep as together, as well as bring new people to the scene. Atari should be proud, they made a community with some of the best people I've ever met(over the internet) and TDU Central took that even further, I'd also like to thank Diablo for creating the best TDU forum on the internet, and one of the best forums in general. Heres too another 4 years of our favourite game. Thanks guys *Tears up*

"Real men know how to turn right"
    - Me

8. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Happy birthday TDU! Sheesh, brings back memories for sure...

I didn't buy TDU when it came out because I didn't have an Xbox 360. Every once in a while I went to a shop where it was sold and just looked at the game and wished I had an Xbox 360. Then came the day the PC version was released.
    I happened to be in city that day and I searched the whole store but never saw it. I felt down. Then I said my mom "Let's go, it wasn't here". But my mom said "Don't you want any other games, I can buy you this one, weren't you supposed to buy it?" and then she took TDU from her shopping basket. I jumped out of joy, I was SO happy!
    The next days I was too excited, I had a copy of TDU but as I wasn't home I couldn't play it, so I just looked at the map. Then came the day I got home. First thing I did was installing TDU.
    Then I got to play it. I was simply amazed. The game was stunning even with my crappy old PC that could barely run the game.

Few months later I saw the PSP version for sale with a cheap price. Of course I bought it. I enjoyed it as well. It was very good fun during car trips etc.

Then came the day I bought my Xbox 360. I never thought about getting TDU for it, I had completely forgotten about it. I had forgotten the best racing game ever, until my classtrip to Copenhagen, where I got TDU and Stuntman: Ignition (don't ask) for total of 20. Then I returned to it. I enjoyed racing with my friends once again. I got almost every achievement in it during the summer. But still, I didn't make new friends like in the PC version, I guess it's because the PC version has the text chat, which makes it easier to approach people because you don't have to know how to speak english because you only need to type.

Back to the PC version. I enjoyed the game so much that I had to join some sort of community to talk about it. First I hanged around Atari EU forums but then I found this nice forum called TDU Central.

Now comes the part where I cry like a baby (lol). I'd like to thank Diablo very much for making this forum, the best forum ever. I'd like to thank Atari for making TDU and hopefully s**n releasing TDU2. And you guys here. TDUCk (and other places too!) would never be the same without you. I have made so many new friends here and..and...sheesh, I'm speechless. Thank you guys. You are the best. *tears up*

Was that too much for you guys?
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

9. t.
    t. is offline Retired

woot.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

10. eXile is offline Keep Walking

Haha nicely written man

11. iLLGT3 is offline Car Aficianado

TDU X360!!

12. Ryzza5 is offline .

I wonder if they had started the PC port yet 4 years ago today?

13. TimBud is offline brmm

Wow. Really cool
    Happy Birthday indeed

TDU has been the guest game on the 360 for me. Met almost all my friends on there. Still friends with most too and am really looking forward to dicking around with them again in TDU2 when it surfaces.

14. MCW
    MCW is offline MCW

Jeez has it been that long!

15. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

Happy Birthday TDU. Happy 'not giving a rat's backside'day Atari
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

16. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Well today's the day! TDU in Europe and PAL regions is 4 now.
    I'm a bit mental.

17. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Shame nothing will get done for it.

18. FizzPagan2000 is offline TDU Loyalist

only lost my save once
    it's rare that money gives this much value.
    4 years and still playing.

20p on space harrier at newquay comes in a second for value - i played for about 15mins on a full hydraulic cabinet.
    at this point the game was only 9 years old.
    if mario can get all swept away with being 25 surely so can 'harri'?
    tdu'ing since sept 2006 and residing at myspace 'fizzkid2000' and facebook 'fizzclub2000'

19. HSVxSEXY_TIME? is offline Ferrari F575 Maranello <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mellors »
    Ha, Happy 4th xD

This game put me off of my GCSEs at the begining of Y10. They were the days.

BF2 for me. it actually killed me, all nighter with an american before english lit.

not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by zo6dude »
    Sure it's just a game, but its my all time favourite, IMO it's better than any Gran Turismo, Forza, or NFS game ever made.

WOAH WOAH WOAH

NFS i can understand...GT2 3 or 4 though? forza 3...come on now

it is actually an epic game, and i've lost contact with it some over the years, i may have to come online, maybe even get it on 360 to play you guys again, we shall see.
    Last edited by HSVxSEXY_TIME?; 21/09/10 at 21:50 PM.

not smug, but proud owner of a DFP.

i'm happy with it!

20. Beav is offline Sideways!

I spent over 400hours when I add up the hours played on the xbox360 version and pc version :O Jeez, I just free roam, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last