1. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Default Controller Keyboard

Has anyone bought the new mini keyboard that plugs into your controller yet?

Was thinking of getting one myself
    I'd rather be topless !

2. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    Has anyone bought the new mini keyboard that plugs into your controller yet?

Was thinking of getting one myself
    I want to know this aswell, as I am also thinking of getting one.

They've got them in Game at 25 but only in a display case (dvd type thing not the product) and for a 10 I could get a cheap USB keyboard to plug in and use instead.

3. Telos is offline Eternal Being

Looks awesome. Not a bad price either so maybe I'm getting one. Currently it takes forever to write messages to friends and since I don't keep my headset on writing with on-screen keyboard is the only option.

4. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel

I was quite excited about this too when I first heard of it. Maybe I'll wait for a pre-owned one in Gamestation, though. You can't play and charge while using it can you?

5. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Bloody Yanks get this fort $29.99 (15) and we have to pay 25, bloody M$.

Anyway rant over heres a link to the instruction manual saying how it works. Also the reason you get a new headset with the keyboard is because the standard wired headset does not fit.

Instruction Manual:
    http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/na-chatpad.pdf

And a link to a video that shows how it works:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...0messengerkit/

6. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

A USB keyboards are a paint but looking at the size of a controller i think this would be the biggest pain in the world, way to small.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

7. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

well I crumbled ... (replace with got bored at work) ... so I now have one ... it fits pretty neatly and is reasonably easy to use

I'll take some pics later for those interested
    I'd rather be topless !

8. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner

i went looking for one of those keyboards last week. i talked to a guy @ GameStop here in town, and the guy told me he talked with a REP from M$, saying that the keyboards were going to be shipped alogn with the lalalala 3 consoles. i dunno if their out yet, but i was a lil dissapointed i couldnt get it last week. i'll have to check the store's website to see if their in...
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

9. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Wakka »
    i went looking for one of those keyboards last week. i talked to a guy @ GameStop here in town, and the guy told me he talked with a REP from M$, saying that the keyboards were going to be shipped alogn with the lalalala 3 consoles. i dunno if their out yet, but i was a lil dissapointed i couldnt get it last week. i'll have to check the store's website to see if their in...
    They got released her on in the UK on Friday. Just had a look on Amazon.com and they have them for sale now and so does xbox.com.

10. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

guys, as promised some pics

so far it's not too bad to use ... smallish buttons but no worse than a mobile phone

the biggest comment i have is that you have to change your grip on the controller as i tend to wrap my fingers around the controller ... obviously you can with this in the way

I've included pics with and without the keyboard so you can compare
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    I'd rather be topless !

11. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Nice pics there. Very usfull and looks really annoying, is it heavy?
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

12. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Good pics there Hybrid, +rep, Made up my mind i'm gonna get one the weekend.

13. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

It's not that bad ... shifting your grip takes a bit of getting used to ... the grip change and the weight change make it feel more like a handheld console in some ways
    I'd rather be topless !

14. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

To be honest when i send messages, i usually do it Via Voice anyway and i find the MSN feature on the Xbox to be too slow, so i would really have no use for this myself, but it does look quite nice tho

15. Nige is offline Buy American ....

I was gonna buy one but I have a laptop so I talk to people on MSN via my laptop much easier than talking too people on the 360 !
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

16. Jo3lT is offline 100% British Beef

Looks quite tidy. Might buy one too lol