Thread: Promotion

1. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Default Promotion

Now I read in RB26DETT's picture thread, that he was promoting TDU-C to anyone he came across last night.

Now this gave me the idea to post here, and ask everyone to chip and and help promote.

Now obviously if we keep typing it and "shouting" out to people promoting, we're not going to get many new members.

So here are a few steps I would say to getting the best promotion.

DON'Ts
    - Don't pester people into coming.
    - Don't keep saying 'come to TDU-C its the best place to be' and leave it at that.
    - Don't spam sessions by repetatively saying all this

(ps. i don't think any of the people I have met on here would do these, but ay never know! )

DOO's
    - Give them examples of what we do.... 'Mafia cruises, road rules, DAILY CRUISES (most important), Factory, and just say we generally have lots of fun!
    - Promote to your real-life freinds, who play TDU ... and to "friends" you have made in-game, this way they are likely to trust you more in what you're saying
    - "Have you got a club?" and they respond with "No" then you don't respond for a few seconds, they're going to say "Why?" and this leads to you saying, "I have a good one, check out tdu-central.com" - Speed

If anyone else would like to add to this, or would perfer not to have this here >< then please say!

Thanks - Iced
    Last edited by Iced_Bullet; 01/09/07 at 10:39 AM.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

2. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

I do this to most of the time. After doing about 150km of cruising with somebody i met on the island, i ask him if he would be interested in joining TDU-C as we generally cruise a lot and have loads of fun. If they say yes i give them the link and if they want to they join, sometimes they don't unfortunately

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

3. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    Promote to your real-life freinds
    That's Us! Lol.

-----------------------------------

I agree with everything you've said and I also think that if you say to someone "Have you got a club?" and they respond with "No" then you don't respond for a few seconds, they're going to say "Why?" and this leads to you saying, "I have a good one, check out tdu-central.com" and there we go, a bit of pychological stuff for you that I just randomly thought up Lol.

P.S. 400th Post!

4. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by Speed »
    That's Us! Lol.
    haha! I think it was Suio who gave us the link wasn't it? Oh no, I found that map with everything on on google images, then we looked at the site, and thought we'd join. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Speed »
    I agree with everything you've said and I also think that if you say to someone "Have you got a club?" and they respond with "No" then you don't respond for a few seconds, they're going to say "Why?" and this leads to you saying, "I have a good one, check out tdu-central.com" and there we go, a bit of pychological stuff for you that I just randomly thought up Lol.

P.S. 400th Post!
    Grats on 400

Yeah, I'll add that to original post

5. RB26DETT is offline Banned

the person i cruised with last night told me that he wanted to join a club. i said check out www.tdu-central.com and i explained everything that goes on here.

can't remember his whole gamertag but if i'm not mistaken it's Negative_Creeper.....

lol!

6. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

We should be getting a new member E13MENT (from our TDU funa and games this evening ) He says he would like to join.

7. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I think we should, when ever someone puts a video (for TDU) on YouTube, advertise TDU-C in the video description.

such as Diablo's:
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Diab (YouTube)
    Like TDU? Join TDU Central: http://www.testdriveunlimitedcentral.com

Xbox 360 version

www.testdriveunlimited.com

Out Now: Xbox 360, PC, PS2 & PSP

Enjoy and feedback appreciated thanks !
    I'm not saying copy it word for word, as Diablo might not like that, but ya know

8. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Sounds like a plan, or we could just buy a newspaper advert lol (second idea is a joke)
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

9. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

haha I'd... well idk... I probably wet myself laughing if I saw a TDU-C advert in the Dereham and Fakenham xD (my local btw)

10. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

i was thinking more daily star, the sun. Or maybe an advert on Nuts TV?
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"