Thread: TDU Games

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #1

    Default TDU Games

    While we have been cruising lately and while waiting for people to show for the 8 Pm cruise me and Martjin played a game in Zonda car park. Where 1 person has to hit another car. Then who ever that person his is on? So to start I will be the hitter and everyone else are the um defenders? and the hitter then has to hit one of the defenders and when he does hit someone he types " Hit (PLAYERS NAME) " or just say "(PLAYERS NAME)". And because some people lag in TDU sometimes you will get hit and you will think you were NO where near me. Yes we know but lag causes that and he did actually hit you.

    I'm sure there are plenty of other games you can think of, so if you have any please share them with us and post them here with a clear description of how to play the game.

    And I have found a perfect Destruction Derby Arena for this game

    I edited the picture in paint so no complaining about bad editing please
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by eleKtro; 26/08/07 at 15:39 PM.


  2. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 2,724

    #2

    Default

    Firstly, the main idea is of a dog fight kind of match. We all drive to the Stadium, and then onto the Stadium field. We will choose the combatants and they will both get onto one of the "seating areas" which are basically just big ramps.

    The game is obvious from here. The two combatants try to push each other off the ramp by ramming, chasing and whatever other means they have of knocking them off. One of us will always be watching so we know who wins each fight. I've drawn up a table below.

    Match 1: A vs B
    Match 2: C vs D
    Match 3: E vs F (If enough people attend)
    Match 4: G vs H (If enough people attend)

    Match 5: Match 1 Winner vs Match 3 Winner
    Match 6: Match 2 Winner vs Match 4 Winner

    Match 7: Match 5 Winner vs Match 6 Winner

    I know there will most likely be problems with lag but it should be the same for everyone so it is in a sort of balance. If anyone is too lagged we can always just try and find someone else as lagged.

    If this game gets too boring for everyone watching then there could also me an 8 player one like the destruction derby idea listed above, where the last person still on the stadium wins
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Speed; 26/08/07 at 01:13 AM.

  3. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #3

    Default

    That's pretty cool idea also. But we should use the same car to make it a fair duel.

  4. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 6,310

    #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax »
    While we have been cruising lately and while waiting for people to show for the 8 Pm cruise me and Martjin played a game in Zonda car park. Where 1 person has to hit another car. Then who ever that person his is on? So to start I will be the hitter and everyone else are the um defenders? and the hitter then has to hit one of the defenders and when he does hit someone he types " Hit (PLAYERS NAME) " or just say "(PLAYERS NAME)". And because some people lag in TDU sometimes you will get hit and you will think you were to where near me. Yes we know but lag causes that and he did actually hit you.

    I'm sure there are plenty of other games you can think of, so if you have any please share them with us and post them here with a clear description of how to play the game.

    And I have found a perfect Destruction Derby Arena for this game

    Will post a picture soon.
    Grammar mistake (highlighted) :P Just makes it less confussing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak »
    Firstly, the main idea is of a dog fight kind of match. We all drive to the Stadium, and then onto the Stadium field. You, or me, will choose the combatants and they will both get onto one of the "seating areas" which are basically just big ramps.

    The game is obvious from here. The two combatants try to push each other off the ramp by ramming, chasing and whatever other means they have of knocking them off. One of us will always be watching so we know who wins each fight. I've drawn up a table below.

    Match 1: A vs B
    Match 2: C vs D
    Match 3: E vs F (If enough people attend)
    Match 4: G vs H (If enough people attend)

    Match 5: Match 1 Winner vs Match 3 Winner
    Match 6: Match 2 Winner vs Match 4 Winner

    Match 7: Match 5 Winner vs Match 6 Winner

    I know there will most likely be problems with lag but it should be the same for everyone so it is in a sort of balance. If anyone is too lagged we can always just try and find someone else as lagged.

    If this game gets too boring for everyone watching then there could also me an 8 player won like the destruction derby idea listed above, where the last person still on the stadium wins
    A little play with your system. It could be the first 2 to arrive at the staidum (from the meeting points) go first, next 2 second etc etc etc.


    1. My Game
    Well not really a game, but Drag racing in the town streets using either each set of traffic lights or every other, or the ends as start and finishing lights. Simply really :P

    Drags can be done in pairs, or three people can drag. Or maybe 4, who knows...

    2. Tag team styly, like in 2 Fast 2 Furious when they race for the muscle cars. 2/3 teams of pairs... Pairs split. One player from each team goes to start, and other waits at designated end. Then a soon as your team player reaches the end of their straight, you go immediately, and its the first team to cross the srat line wins
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

  5. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 2,724

    #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    2. Tag team styly, like in 2 Fast 2 Furious when they race for the muscle cars. 2/3 teams of pairs... Pairs split. One player from each team goes to start, and other waits at designated end. Then a soon as your team player reaches the end of their straight, you go immediately, and its the first team to cross the srat line wins
    This could also be adapted to laps at the track, 2 people race and then their partner goes as soon as they get back Maybe even teams of 4 and each goes opposite way.

    First 2 racers go the normal way round the track.

    Once they cross finish line their partner does the track in reverse.

    Once they return, the third person laps again normally, etc.

    This is more of a relay than tag team but oh well

  6. -Lr-SpeedraceR is offline Car Aficianado
    Location: Metz, France
    Posts: 1,173

    #6

    Default

    Lot of cool ideas here
    On the track we can also play a "kill the last" race, as some official race in TDU.
    Or another idea, in a group of player, one go somewhere far away to the others ( over 10km (if it's possible without lost the session)). Then the other players start and the winner is the first one to find the place where the 1st player was gone ^^

  7. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 2,724

    #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Lr-SpeedraceR »
    Lot of cool ideas here
    On the track we can also play a "kill the last" race, as some official race in TDU.
    Or another idea, in a group of player, one go somewhere far away to the others ( over 10km (if it's possible without lost the session)). Then the other players start and the winner is the first one to find the place where the 1st player was gone ^^
    This is possible, as myself and TheScottishSpotter have done it before.

    First the players all need to lock each other, then one of them can jump to one of their bookmarks through the pause menu, therefore staying in the same session, but being a very long way away, I think the longest we've done was 24 miles

  8. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50
     
    Location: Dundee, Scotland
    Posts: 5,220

    #8

    Default

    Yes that was one of the 'funner' games played ^^

  9. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer
    Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts: 8,136

    #9

    Default

    Cops and Robbers!

    One person drives away from the others, and after 10 seconds all of the rest can drive away too The one who rammed the other one is the next to escape from the rest.

    It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

  10. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    Grammar mistake (highlighted) :P Just makes it less confussing.
    Sorry if it was confusing for you to reword the "to" to a "no".

  11. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 6,310

    #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax »
    Sorry if it was confusing for you to reword the "to" to a "no".
    Sorry, I was only pointing it out, cos it took me a while to make sense of the sentence (probably cos I was half asleep), but by the tone, you didnt want me to... so lol

    Anyway, onto positives Is it possible to make a list somewhere, maybe a sticky (kept clean) with a simple list and "instructions" or maybe even in the original post . Thanks. then it's clear to anyone new, or current members of the forum which ones have been "chosen" and or "suggested" Thanks.

    Edit: Can you upload the vdieo of "Last Man Drving" to YouTube asap please, I'd like to watch my first of 3 VICTORIES :P
    Last edited by Iced_Bullet; 26/08/07 at 21:53 PM.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

  12. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 2,724

    #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    Edit: Can you upload the vdieo of "Last Man Drving" to YouTube asap please, I'd like to watch my first of 3 VICTORIES :P
    Wish Granted

    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

  13. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian
    Location: USA! USA! USA!
    Posts: 1,902

    #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak »
    Wish Granted

    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.
    Looks like tons of fun. Wish I was able to play right now.

    But WOW Speed has 326 posts starting from June and I have 335 posts starting from April. LOL
    Last edited by CarboyZR1; 27/08/07 at 01:04 AM.

  14. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 2,724

    #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarboyX »
    Looks like tons of fun. Wish I was able to play right now.
    Are you not in Hawaii as we speak? Isn't that more fun than playing a game? LOL

  15. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian
    Location: USA! USA! USA!
    Posts: 1,902

    #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak »
    Are you not in Hawaii as we speak? Isn't that more fun than playing a game? LOL
    I am in Hawaii. It's very fun and more fun then the game of course LOL, but people drive too slow here.

    P.S. It's hard to reconize parts of the game from the real one. Some road layouts are inaccurate. The game is very similar.

  16. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 6,310

    #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak »
    Wish Granted

    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.
    Cheers Ross

    Urm, wheres my victory in there! xD Didn't you film from the grass at one point? This would be good to watch as you get to see all the people, and ofc my victory, but yeah mainly because you get to see all the action, not just what you saw!

    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

  17. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 2,724

    #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    Cheers Ross

    Urm, wheres my victory in there! xD Didn't you film from the grass at one point? This would be good to watch as you get to see all the people, and ofc my victory, but yeah mainly because you get to see all the action, not just what you saw!

    The video from the grass was rubbish because you couldn't tell who was who for one thing and it was just too small to really be able to enjoy. Your victory is in there, basically the last 4 minutes of the video is me and you fighting it out and I fall off at the end

  18. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route
     
    Location: Norfolk, UK
    Posts: 6,310

    #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak »
    The video from the grass was rubbish because you couldn't tell who was who for one thing and it was just too small to really be able to enjoy. Your victory is in there, basically the last 4 minutes of the video is me and you fighting it out and I fall off at the end
    xD top class!
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

  19. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms
    Location: Made in China
    Posts: 2,743

    #19

    Default

    Last nights game was a great success. Everyone had a great laugh have to do it again with 8 of us next time though.

  20. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,478

    #20

    Default

    Very good guys glad you had lots of fun.
    ---------------------------------
    TDUC PC Club find out more and how to join|Twitter @TDUCentralClub


 
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss