1. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel

Default Looking For Info On A Top Gear Episode

Does anybody know which episode of Top Gear had the car sound emulator? I think it was JC sitting in an old Volvo or something and there was a product that was hooked up to his engine with speakers attached under the bonnet that emulated different car sounds. I think he went on to use a Ferrari engine sound. I thought it was hilarious!

2. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

don't think i've heard of this episode, would love to see it tho

3. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

I saw a Pimp my Ride show in which they put a "VroommmBox" under an old Chrysler van. They did the sound of a Vanquish. Maybe it's on Youtube!

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

4. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel

Yeah, I've seen that, I was looking at the Vroombox myself as a comedy gadget! Do you know where you can get additional sounds for it?

5. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

http://www.vroombox.com/vroombox/

This is their site, i don't know if there are additional sounds, you should mail them i guess

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

6. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Wikipedia has all the episodes on there, not to watch but all the information. Or you could just Google anything Top Gear related to your episode.

7. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Well the 'proper' technology was invented by Lotus from what I remember.

They invented something that would produce 'anti' noise to cancel the sound of your engine inside the car and then play a different engine sound over the top, linking it to the throttle to know how the sound should vary.

I think it was once demo'd on a Metro which if you sat inside it sounded like an Esprit!
    I'd rather be topless !