1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Exclamation Xbox 360 Wireless Wheel Pose Fire Hazard

MS are retrofitting the Wireless Wheels as a few have malfunctioned and started smoking.

there is nothing about this on the UK site only the U.S.

Published August 22, 2007
    As a precautionary measure, Microsoft Corporation is voluntarily providing its customers with a free retrofit to the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel. The Wheels were manufactured during 2006 - 2007. A component in the Wheel chassis may in rare cases overheat and release smoke when the AC-DC power supply is used to energize the Wheel.
    There have been no reported incidences of fire, personal injury or property damage due to the Wheel malfunction. Despite no known safety incidents, we are advising our customers about this because of our strong commitment to ensuring that our products are safe and perform to our design specifications.

Owners of the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel should print out the retrofit form or call Microsoft at 1-800-4MY-XBOX to register to receive the retrofit and protect against the potential hazard described above. Instructions will be provided with the retrofit. We are notifying and will be coordinating our response activities with the relevant regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. This may impact delivery dates.
    Owners of the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel should stop using the AC/DC power supply until they have obtained their retrofit. Owners may continue to operate the Wheel using battery power. While operating in battery mode, the force feedback feature will not be available. Once retrofitted, owners may run the Wheel using AC power and reactivate this feature.
    Get Started Now
    If you have a Wireless Racing Wheel, print out the retrofit form, complete it, and fax or send it in. You'll receive information soon from Microsoft regarding your retrofit. In the meantime, only use your Wireless Racing Wheel in battery mode.
    For further information and support, please contact 1-800-4MY-XBOX.
    Linkage:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support

Edit:
    UK link:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/sy...elretrofit.htm
    Last edited by Nodz86; 26/08/07 at 13:49 PM. Reason: Original info from I4N has been changed to official info from xbox.com

2. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

It still applies to the Uk, if you click the 'print out the retrofit form' it gives the address you should mail it to if you live in europe
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I can't be bothered really, its not a hazard there just covering themselfs. Now I know it will set on fire but never mind.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

4. Nodz86 is offline ____________

1st post updated with Uk link.