1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Default Fastest speeder ever caught

Quote Originally Posted by BTYahoo News
    A motorist has pleaded guilty to driving at 172mph on a rural A-road, making him the fastest speeder ever caught in Britain.

Tim Brady, 33, was caught in a random speed check on the A420 near Abingdon, Oxfordshire, driving a 98,000 3.6-litre Porsche 911 Turbo in January this year.

The current highest speed to result in a conviction is 156mph.
    In a short appearance at Oxford Crown Court, Brady pleaded guilty to one count of dangerous driving.

His plea of not guilty to one count of aggravated vehicle-taking was accepted by the Crown Prosecution Service and he will be sentenced next month.
    Brady, of Harrow, north-west London, resigned from his job at car lease firm Helphire at its Abingdon branch days after police stopped him in the car.

A spokeswoman for road safety charity Brake branded his actions "selfish".
    "The idea of someone driving at that speed is horrific. The chances that a person will be able to control a vehicle at that speed if something unexpected happens is slim.

"It is extremely selfish. Nobody has the right to put other people's lives at risk like that."

In 2003, car dealer Jason McAllister was caught doing 156mph in his 3.2-litre BMW M3 in Scotland. He was jailed for five months.

I always thought the fastest was a 1000BHP Supra caught on the A1 at night doing around the 180/190mph, well thats what Max Power or Fast Car said a few years ago.

2. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

A person in Texas (I think) got caught at 240 apparently but in the UK I have no idea.

Oh and the story of the speed limits is that a car (cobra) went 170 down the M1 and they didn't like it very much. I know thats not speeding then but, I don't know what i'm talking about.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    A person in Texas (I think) got caught at 240 apparently but in the UK I have no idea.

Oh and the story of the speed limits is that a car (cobra) went 170 down the M1 and they didn't like it very much. I know thats not speeding then but, I don't know what i'm talking about.
    Offtopic, Pherelas your post was the 25,000th here! We have been online coming up for 7 months on the 2nd so I'd say it's quite an achievement !
    I'm a bit mental.

4. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

That was the Konigsegfgdsfds Driver in the Gumball.. And this guy lives in my town!! (Harrow, North-West London)..
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

5. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by Nodz86 »
    I always thought the fastest was a 1000BHP Supra caught on the A1 at night doing around the 180/190mph, well thats what Max Power or Fast Car said a few years ago.
    It was Smoky Nagata in a Supra for Max Power... (and he broke 210MPH IIRC)

He didn't get convicted so it doesn't really count, he only got banned from driving in the UK for it.
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

6. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Koenigsegg in Amerika was caught on 387km/h right?

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

7. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Yea, I'm sure it was someone in Texas doing 200 mph+. Pretty crazy mind you.

8. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by N1PPER »
    It was Smoky Nagata in a Supra for Max Power... (and he broke 210MPH IIRC)

He didn't get convicted so it doesn't really count, he only got banned from driving in the UK for it.
    Thought it was, what happaned to his car? did that get deported with him?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax »
    Yea, I'm sure it was someone in Texas doing 200 mph+. Pretty crazy mind you.
    This is about the fastest speeder in the UK.

9. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

"Fastest speeder ever caught" is your title.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

10. Nodz86 is offline ____________

"Fastest speeder ever caught" is your title.
    Read the first paragraph of the article

A motorist has pleaded guilty to driving at 172mph on a rural A-road, making him the fastest speeder ever caught in Britain.

11. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Yes I know that and thats why I awnsered about brition after but you can see why people talk about over countrys as thats not in the title.
    -----

12. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by Nodz86 »
    Thought it was, what happaned to his car? did that get deported with him?
    I believe he used a Top Secret Supra (as he is a Top Secret driver).

I would guess TS would want the car back lol
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

13. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by N1PPER »
    I believe he used a Top Secret Supra (as he is a Top Secret driver).

I would guess TS would want the car back lol
    Thought it was a TS but I wasn't 100% sure.

14. craigie is offline I have the...

Quote Originally Posted by FA430RGT »
    That was the Konigsegfgdsfds Driver in the Gumball.. And this guy lives in my town!! (Harrow, North-West London)..
    then you sorta live near where my nan used to live

just sold her house in kenton - shes gone crazy now :P
    Foo Fighters @ Wembley - 6th June
    Fatboy Slim @ O2 Wireless Festival 2008

15. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Thats not a really fast speed imo, i thought there was someone who went faster than 156.