Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default TDU2 needs ...?

Seeing as more discussion is going on about the game and it's inevitable successor I figured it would be a good idea to take some ideas from people, gather them up and then make a poll and maybe even see if we can get it sent to Atari to show what the community wants in the next iteration of TDU.

And so as to not end up with a wishlist that goes on for pages and pages we are limiting you to 2 items so make sure they are the ones you would personally like to see the most. Also we know that weather, day and night cycles as well as customisation are always requested so those will be the first 3 straight off so please don't list them unless you are specifying something like a livery editor or the like.

Get thinking!

Deadline for your ideas is 31st January 2008.

Ideas so far

MUST HAVES
    * Improved support on current formats and more communication to the community
    * Dynamic Weather with a Day and Night cycle
    * Realistic engine and exhaust sounds
    * Customisation in the form of bodykits, rims and livery editing
    * Slightly more indepth tuning
    * Smoother and less bumpy/choppy roads
    * Numberplate generator
    * Environment affects your car
    * Some form of damage; cosmetic at minimum
    * Improved physics for the cars
    * Improved physics, control and animations of the bikers
    * More working car features such as indicators, wipers and roofs
    * Improved photomode with less compression and actual ability to upload

Environment
    * Dynamic Weather System; Rain, Storm, Ice and Wind effects
    * Night and Day cycle
    * Polish the graphics and colour palette to be more photorealistic (mixed views on this)
    * Environment affects your car, ie long drive results in dirty bodywork and windows, offroad equals mud
    * Working car washes to clean your car, car stays dirty until washed
    * Working gas/fuel stations, you have the option of using them though maybe some challenges could require them
    Larger island or environment with more roads
    * More stop off locales ie; multi-storey and underground car parks, lay-bys and such like
    * Random number/licence plate's on NPC cars
    Broader range of NPC cars, buses, city cars, taxi's, jeeps, trucks and the occasional ice-cream van
    Drag strip plus more race tracks
    * Being able to park yourself then entering your house via a button press rather than a cutscene

Car and Bike Improvements
    * Realistic engine and exhaust sounds, no synthetic replicas!
    * Wheel (not steering) animations should be more realistic, right now they stay the same speed no matter how high a speed you're doing
    * Full 360 degree rotation of the vehicle ala PGR and Forza
    * Less glare with the lights, make more real world not like twinkling stars
    * Convertibles are able to open and close roofs when stationary
    * Indicators and Hazard lights, fun when cruising and sorely missed from first TDU
    * More animations for drivers and riders, ie handbrake, pushing the horn, flicking the indicator stalks, looking behind when reversing. As for riders pushing the brake and no reverse gear, have it ala PGR4 and MotoGP where the rider walks the bike backwards. Stunts ala PGR4 would be very welcome also as would the rider and bike movement which allows burnouts, sliding and donuts
    * Distant sounds of cars getting louder or quieter as their distance changes to you, if a Ferrari or a bike is behind you a bit you will still hear it, same with anything in front of you also

Customisation/Customization
    * Customisation of your vehicle with rims, spoilers (active working), bodykits (active aero, non-NFS rubbish) which preferably would be actual real life makers like OZ, Yokohama, Brembo etc...
    * Livery Editor allowing at minimum the ability to make custom shapes and your own number/licence plates
    * Number/Licence plate creator if above not available

Tuning
    * Ability to tune your car in the same way that Gran Turismo and Forza allow you to
    * Ability to save setups, for example a racetrack, a fun drift course or just aiming for a top speed run

Physics
    * More realistic driving physics, maybe a pro mode or something
    * Greater level of travel in accelerating and braking pressure, locking brakes would be nice on older cars and ones without ABS too

Selection of Vehicles
    * Off roaders for all the off road terrain and general driving fun they would bring
    * Luxury marques such as Bentley, Rolls Royce, Maybach etc
    * More classics such as older Ferrari's, Mini's, MG's etc
    * More everyday cars such as rep mobiles (Laguna, 407, Mondeo, Passat etc) and hot hatches ie; Focus ST, Alfa 147, Clio, Fiesta, 207 etc...

Single Player Story and General Game Improvements
    * GPS more user friendly, ie North Marker
    * Hardcore mode integrated in the game rather than a separate option with it's own races and challenges
    * Being able to take your car to the dealer or a garage for servicing and repairs if wanted
    * Ability to walk around interiors such as dealers, shops and your garage with the option of photomode

Multiplayer Modes and Improvements
    * More players in a session like 10, 12 or even 16
    * Improved netcode, no more pulling in front of another player and finding that you take them out, also traffic sync needs improving also
    * Ability to set waypoints for all/locked in session and stay in a session
    regardless of leaving map
    * A sort of party system meaning you never lose those players in the party until you leave that party, not when you goto the map, enter a shop etc...
    * Passenger-cam; allows friends and other players at your acceptance to jump in and take ride with you in your car, 2 in front and 2 in back if vehicle permits (I don't think this has ever been done before!)
    * Cops and Robbers
    * TDU TV? Being able to watch races happening from your TV in your home, would be good for watching replays also
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Baldy; 07/02/08 at 15:46 PM.
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Livery Editor

Proper Tuning on the car (ala forza style)

I know i'm only allowed 2 but heres a third that i am not putting forward)but maybe someone else could say it for me? )

More Japanese Tuner's
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

3. Telos is offline Eternal Being

A good plot would make the game a lot better. NFS carbon had a decent effort but it should be more intense and involve the player more. Just driving pointless races for money gets bored pretty soon.

I can't think of anything else. Maybe when I play the game a bit more. I only have <10 hours so I haven't seen anything yet.

4. NinjaSix is offline Foolish Earthling

Oh God, only two?

Can I get away with two high-level topics?

More cruise-friendly:
    - Multiple, group-shared waypoints and a north marker on the GPS display.
    - More players in a session
    - Ability to hop into the map without losing your session.

Hardcore improvements:
    - Hardcore included as standard.
    - Single player challenges (hardcore only challenges, or a different set of targets for normal and hardcore modes).

5. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

Dynamic Night & Weather

A lot more roads to drive

6. iBilo is offline ;)

More race tracks
    Proper car stuff (eg, indicators, lights, number plate etc.)

7. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Everything you said Diablo should be included. Also move the horn from the Right stick to the left stick only a small thing but it would make one hell of a difference, well for me anyway.

I know this one will be a bit contraversial but Off Roaders (proper Land Rovers and Hummer H1's not Escalades and Hummer H2's) and Scrambles with off road/dirt tracks to be explored.

Edit: if they where in have 4x4 they would have to have a high and low range gear box so you could get up near vertical mountains.
    Last edited by Nodz86; 21/08/07 at 16:06 PM.

8. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

No synthed sound. Have proper recording.

Photorealistic graphics. Would prefer a small island and better graphics. If they run out of disk space maybe have a limited amount of cars and then free downloads avalible stright off so they don't take up disk space.

I know these arn't features but still, I think they are the two thing that would have made TDU great.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

9. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Also when offroad, there should be Mud on the side of your car.

- Car wash!
    - Gas Stations which do work, so we have to pay for the gasoline, and our tank should go empty after a while, i would actually like that.
    - More customisation when it comes to color, like other rim color etc.
    - Wheels that don't turn at the same speed if your going 50 or 400kmh

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

10. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Quote Originally Posted by MartijnMb. »
    Also when offroad, there should be Mud on the side of your car.

- Car wash!
    - Gas Stations which do work, so we have to pay for the gasoline, and our tank should go empty after a while, i would actually like that.
    - More customisation when it comes to color, like other rim color etc.
    - Wheels that don't turn at the same speed if your going 50 or 400kmh
    Only 2 allowed.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Yeah please guys, keep it at 2. If you have more then you obviously must have 2 that are really important to you so pick them.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

-You all forgot about damage that you will have to fix out of your own pocket.(NFS Pro STREET style).
    -Be able to blow tyres and also the ability to blow your engine.

13. Mb

Sorry Diablo, didn't read the whole lot

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

14. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

No one has mentioned gifting cars and money and the trade system, im suprised there.
    -----

15. Mb

I might actually like real life tuners.

Think about:
    - Hamann
    - Mansory
    - Brabus
    - Edo Competition
    - Novitec Rosso
    etc.
    Last edited by Mb; 21/08/07 at 16:44 PM.

16. iBilo is offline ;)

With the more tracks, some should be free access and others unlock but you have to be at the right level to do a race etc, regular track days and races would be awesome.

17. cocoki700 is offline Speed Demon

have ability to not just install tune packs like body kits and chrome rims.
    bmw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The demon within me is Speed

18. Mb

No Bodykits in TDU! That will kill the whole game.
    Then we get these Tuning "noobs" that think they tuned their car.

19. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by MartijnMb. »
    No Bodykits in TDU! That will kill the whole game.
    Then we get these Tuning "noobs" that think they tuned their car.
    I wouold welcome the likes of Roush, Shelby, Nismo, Hamman, Brabus and other tuners that actually improve the car like Saleen does with the Mustang.

I diagree with where you would go into a shop and add bodykits/parts for no reason ala NFS/chav with a Nova style.

20. iBilo is offline ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing Brabus, and the 1000 torque car in TDU2.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last