1. gfactory is offline Just a Skidmark

Default Newbie alert: can't take a sharp corner

Hi!
    Nebie in town. until a few weeks ago, I have been playing platform and simulation games on my PC. I bought myself a Xbox360, connected it on my full HD TV, and WOWWW one happy man.!
    I never really played racing games, so that's about time. So, went to the store and bought TDU. Great game, but lots of questions. I found this forum with lots of information, I started reading 15 pages of topics, and learned a lot from it. Only one questions (until now ) remains. I can not seem to take a (sharp) corner without ending up in the grass, it frustrates me. I have been reading that you need to be finished with the breaks before you take the corner, and don't accelerate to soon. But if I do that, 2 options happen: 1 I still go to fast, so I hit the break ending up in the grass. 2: I go to slow and people pass me.
    Are there movies, tutorials, tips or other things that can help me out a bit? Or is it just a matter of practice. And if it is, where can I practice, cause every time I practice the cops or searching for me and I need hide from them.
    Thanks for spending some time.

2. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Don't slam the brakes on fully ... they lock! Apply them gently well before the bend as you would in a normal road car
    I'd rather be topless !

3. Lotus_God is offline i am as above

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid_IV »
    Don't slam the brakes on fully ... they lock! Apply them gently well before the bend as you would in a normal road car

they dont in tdu , its not that realistic , and most of the cars would come standard with abs

4. bigbcraig is offline Making Skidmarks

also, assuming you still have an "F" class car, that's not uncommon, and it's very difficult to avoid. WHat car are you driving normally?

also, welcome! add me if you feel like it - i'll answer in like a week and then cruise with you some.
    Making power at redline doesn't make you faster. Making more power at whatever rpm you are at now does.
    -Dave Coleman (SCC)

5. gfactory is offline Just a Skidmark

nice \o/

I have been reading that the Audi TT is the best car to start with, so I bought that one. Not enough money to buy a second. Another topic says that chevrolet corvette ZO6 Stage 2 is a good second car... saving money for that one. But until now, I manly have been practicing the corners. :s so did not do a lot of races to win money yet. I will try not to slam the breaks to much.. But I guess it is better to be ready with the breaks befor I have to take a corner..

6. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Welcome to the boards!! and I'd have to agree with Hybrid.. Slow and easy son!!
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

7. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

If you want advice in terms of cars ...

Well Buy what you need to do each event in turn, some events are Car Class/Maker/Model specific.

Also the best way to get cash early on is to do the 'Car Delivery' Missions. But only complete the course if you have NO damage ... then you get a 50% bonus!
    I'd rather be topless !

8. gfactory is offline Just a Skidmark

YAY I have been playing for some time, and it's working. stop accelerate, take the turn and gently hit the brakes.. I have been winning some challanges, and earned 200.000 dollar. So time for a second car. But the chevrolet is indeed a B class car, I better buy myself an E type car I guess, that's more usefull isn't it?

9. immers is offline Just a Skidmark

if you are going for the E class, get yourself a Skyline. its easily the best, but you could still get the vette and get some instant challenge loot, but to be honest I prefer the F430 to the vette, but it is almost twice the price
    0x7E7D3B29
    39CF E838 FD1D 697E 72BF 3644 E90C 1388 7E7D 3B29

10. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

As I said before look at what events you have available to compete in and work out what car you need from that
    I'd rather be topless !

11. gfactory is offline Just a Skidmark

Yes I noticed. I have been looking at the map. Most are E F and G races, so I am going for an E class car.. Going to check out the Skyline

12. immers is offline Just a Skidmark

and the E-Type Jag is a pretty good choice for G class. its $40thou but a nice ride
    0x7E7D3B29
    39CF E838 FD1D 697E 72BF 3644 E90C 1388 7E7D 3B29

13. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

You got the downloads? The skyline is one of the free cars if you havn't worked that out.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

14. gfactory is offline Just a Skidmark

did not download anything.

Nisson 350z nismo is the skyline right?

15. Hudyma 72 is offline BiiK3R BOiiZ - club owner

Nope mate.

Go to your house.
    GO into TRADE.
    Then go into MARKETPLACE.

find a download for the Nissan skyline.
    Then restart TDU.
    Go to the Nissan shop and it should be there

16. gfactory is offline Just a Skidmark