Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Nodz86 is offline ____________
     
    Location: Essex, England
    Posts: 3,209

    #1

    Default Demo: NASCAR 08

    Demo: NASCAR 08

    Content: NASCAR 08 Demo
    Price: Free
    Availability: Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, United States
    Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Take the wheel at the Daytona International Speedway as NASCAR racing comes to the Xbox 360 for the first time. Experience tomorrow's racing today in NASCAR 08! Visit easports.com/nascar08 for more info.
    Size: 589.32 MB


  2. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner
    Location: Connecticut, USA
    Posts: 233

    #2

    Default

    i dont quite understand how the DEMO came out the same day as the game..... im just going out today to buy the game anyways w/o D/L'ing an unnessesary Demo
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

  3. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel
    Location: RocKdale, Lancs
    Posts: 388

    #3

    Default

    I think I'll pass on both. I'd get bored of just holding the accelerator around a circular track for 40 laps.

  4. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner
    Location: Connecticut, USA
    Posts: 233

    #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SupermAnthony »
    I think I'll pass on both. I'd get bored of just holding the accelerator around a circular track for 40 laps.
    your basically just referring to Talladega and Daytona. the 'Super Speedway' tracks do not need to the brakes much @ all. but all the other tracks, its nessecary. and NASCAR is the only series i have watched where there are more then 40 racecars on a track @ a time. not sure about the American LeMans Series, but starting in 43rd, and trying to work your way to first is something i like to do.

    i love the sport, but the only downpoint i've had with the NASCAR games is the monotone sound the engines make in-game. its like a constant roar that does put me to sleep. once i edjust the engine volume in the settings, i can play the nascar games for hours. (even on long family trips, the sound of the road under the car and the quiet hum of the engine puts me to sleep.)
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

  5. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50
     
    Location: Dundee, Scotland
    Posts: 5,220

    #5

    Default

    The PC version of this looks really awesome IMO. May have to get it when it comes out I'm guessing the 360 version is the same

  6. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel
    Location: RocKdale, Lancs
    Posts: 388

    #6

    Default

    I did do some homework, I wasn't just blurting my mouth off. I got my impression of Nascar from the official site where all the tracks, bar 4, look the same.

    http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/

  7. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble
       
    Location: Lancashire, UK
    Posts: 5,812

    #7

    Default

    I don't like nascar but i think I'll give the demo a try. Has anyone tried it yet? , is it any good?
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

    "Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"


  8. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner
    Location: Connecticut, USA
    Posts: 233

    #8

    Default

    it needs getting used to. fired it up last night, created a few cars, and started working on getting the "Driver's liscence's" to be able to race in 'The Chase' Mode. i need to figure out where to set the steering sensitivity, cuz im all over the track and cant get a clean lap.

    what i dont like about the Create a Car mode, they took away the ability to use numbers below 100. (in NASCAR 2005 on the PS2, you were able to use the numbers below 100 that werent used in that race series) that, and in NASCAR, i think there is a rule that you cant run a car with three digits. i remember one year when Darrel Waltrip was still driving, had a paint scheme to honor a certain driver from the early NASCAR days (the paint scheme included the number 300) but he had to run his regular number for that race, cuz of that rule.
    Last edited by Rollin in an STi; 25/07/07 at 10:36 AM.
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

  9. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/
     
    Location: Bongland
    Posts: 2,003

    #9

    Default

    I played this last night and OMG it was so funny, i couldnt understand a word the pitlane people were saying (strange american accent) and i couldnt for the life of me figure out how to overtake someone who is doing the same speed as me, so i just rammed them off the track hahaha

    i was also dissapointed that i couldnt do a donut, and the fact that the cars accelerate slower than a Ford Focus ST
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  10. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much
     
    Location: ?
    Posts: 1,463

    #10

    Default

    Played the Demo ... didn't like it
    I'd rather be topless !

  11. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad
    Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts: 3,278

    #11

    Default

    Won't the demo be the same as the full game. Rubbish cars and a round track. I mean everything is the same all the time so why pay whatever you have to pay for the game when you can get the demo?
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

  12. iBilo is offline ;)
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,119

    #12

    Default

    NASCAR is rubbish in my opinion. Hate it to death, how people can be interested in watching cars go round circles is beyond me.

    The crashes are awesome tho.

  13. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner
    Location: Connecticut, USA
    Posts: 233

    #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N1PPER »
    I played this last night and OMG it was so funny, i couldnt understand a word the pitlane people were saying (strange american accent) and i couldnt for the life of me figure out how to overtake someone who is doing the same speed as me, so i just rammed them off the track hahaha

    i was also dissapointed that i couldnt do a donut, and the fact that the cars accelerate slower than a Ford Focus ST
    yeah, the Demo makes it tough to do that kind of thing, becuase how the cars are tuned for these Super Speedway tracks, its real tough cuz their really tuned for speed (190mph drafting around Daytona. 220+ if the 'restrictor plate' was never created) if the demo had more than just Daytona, it'll probably be easier. im sure it'll be fun to drift around Watkins Glen or Infineon
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

  14. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/
     
    Location: Bongland
    Posts: 2,003

    #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Wakka »
    yeah, the Demo makes it tough to do that kind of thing, becuase how the cars are tuned for these Super Speedway tracks, its real tough cuz their really tuned for speed (190mph drafting around Daytona. 220+ if the 'restrictor plate' was never created) if the demo had more than just Daytona, it'll probably be easier. im sure it'll be fun to drift around Watkins Glen or Infineon
    why coudn't i donut then?

    felt like i had the power of a Vacuum Cleaner when i gunned it
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  15. TOPGEAR DOG is offline Secretly a shoplifter!
    Location: Birmingham, UK
    Posts: 361

    #15

    Default

    The graphics are very dissapointing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


  16. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner
    Location: Connecticut, USA
    Posts: 233

    #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N1PPER »
    why coudn't i donut then?

    felt like i had the power of a Vacuum Cleaner when i gunned it
    i think the gear ratio's are set high for the fast speeds around Daytona. i know from watching NASCAR, when a driver wins the race, they can easily turn a nob on the Dash to adjust the brake bias all the way to the front (and during the race to help the car's handling) to easily do burnouts as a form of celebration for winning. a lot of drivers are doing it lately.

    but i know back in the last NASCAR title i played (NASCAR 2005 for the PS2) if i won at these 'Super Speedway' tracks, the rpms had to be near redline just to get the car to kick
    out to perform the burnouts/donuts. with those 'restrictor plates' i mentioned, it robs the engine of air into the intake, thus creating less horsepower, making them slow to accel. but get alot of the cars in line around Daytona or Talledega, and the group of cars can go well over 190mph. w/o the 'restrictor plate', the cars can easily go 230+mph on their own. but with the plate, with the lack of air, it takes them a while to get their momentum up to competative speeds. during those races where the plates are used, it takes a good 1 to 1.5 laps to get to full speed.


    i hope that answers why the cars feel like vacuum cleaners in the Demo
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

  17. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/
     
    Location: Bongland
    Posts: 2,003

    #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Wakka »
    i think the gear ratio's are set high for the fast speeds around Daytona. i know from watching NASCAR, when a driver wins the race, they can easily turn a nob on the Dash to adjust the brake bias all the way to the front (and during the race to help the car's handling) to easily do burnouts as a form of celebration for winning. a lot of drivers are doing it lately.

    but i know back in the last NASCAR title i played (NASCAR 2005 for the PS2) if i won at these 'Super Speedway' tracks, the rpms had to be near redline just to get the car to kick
    out to perform the burnouts/donuts. with those 'restrictor plates' i mentioned, it robs the engine of air into the intake, thus creating less horsepower, making them slow to accel. but get alot of the cars in line around Daytona or Talledega, and the group of cars can go well over 190mph. w/o the 'restrictor plate', the cars can easily go 230+mph on their own. but with the plate, with the lack of air, it takes them a while to get their momentum up to competative speeds. during those races where the plates are used, it takes a good 1 to 1.5 laps to get to full speed.


    i hope that answers why the cars feel like vacuum cleaners in the Demo
    Yes, it does thanks
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  18. iBilo is offline ;)
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,119

    #18

    Default

    I've been to Daytona Raceway, its quite nice. Then I went to Daytona beach all day.

  19. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner
    Location: Connecticut, USA
    Posts: 233

    #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisicus »
    I've been to Daytona Raceway, its quite nice. Then I went to Daytona beach all day.
    Daytona is nice, though i have never been. wish i had cash to take a vacation...

    anyways, i hope in an unlockable track is the infield course they use with the Rolex 24hr race. that would be a GREAT course to run.
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

  20. Jt 396 Drye is offline Bondurant
    Location: Charlotte, NC
    Posts: 44

    #20

    Default

    I've got the game, and I think it's good... I love NASCAR though...

    I've been to Daytona 3 times on vacations.. and I went to the Pepsi 400 this July too...
    My nearest track to where I live is Lowes Motor Speedway....


 
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss