Thread: Brake pressure?

View Poll Results: Should brake pressure be eased?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want to be able to brake without emergency stopping

24 68.57%
  • No, I feel like a mad mad when I drive with the screeching

6 17.14%
  • Don't care, fine to me as is.

5 14.29%

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Brake pressure?

One thing that irks me in TDU is the brake pressure. I mean if you press the brakes and the lights don't come on you will brake a lot smoother and more lifelike than the constant slam and skid you get when you hit the brake pressure that the lights come on. Not to mention you brake quicker when not skidding, it's almost as if when you slam the brakes there's some kind of lockup happening that's taking your car further whereas if you brake lightly you stop quicker without the screech.

So do you agree?
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Z06fan is offline Certified car nut

Default Re: Brake pressure?

I would prefer a more linear braking system for smoother and better control. However, considering how I drive and see most people drive 90% of the time in this game I don't think the current system is all that bad, just not as good as it could be.

3. Glanzarog is offline Dumpster Boy

I wish we could control the brakes a bit more..
    I went for Option 1.

4. Baxie is offline I am the passenger....

What happened is, I think, that they wanted to make it realistic, and overdid the whole "brake-lock" thing.

Same as when you accelerate and want to turn. Even the F cars does an entire donut.

Hope Hardcore changes this.

5. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

No, I feel like a mad mad when I drive with the screeching
    im guessing you mean MAN, not MAD lol

6. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Yeah brakes do piss me off abit, for example when cruising slamming on the brakes at 20 MPH wouldn't involed tyres screeching smoke blowing and all hell literally breaking lose?
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

7. mellors_ is offline Banned

, im the only one who went for the mad man option,

8. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Figured I would bump this see people's opinions seeing as we have a few more members now.
    I'm a bit mental.

9. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

definately a, as the only option is braking mad at the moment and i want to have some smotth braking without crashing, its just not realistic at the moment

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

10. iBilo is offline ;)

I like the TDU brakes. :P

11. Mr AnalFace is offline Rusted Banger

I don't mind it the way it is, but I think the brakelights should come on when you press the brakes and not only when you put the pedal to the floor.

12. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

Shouldn't this be in TDU General? I use the 360 Controller on PC and the brakes are like on the 360.

13. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

But a keyboard isn't pressure senstive and I'm going out of a limb here in saying most people play with a keyboard..
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

14. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

No, I mean for people who use controllers or wheels.

15. immers is offline Just a Skidmark

I like slamming on the brakes at the last minute and sailing majestically into a tree.....
    0x7E7D3B29
    39CF E838 FD1D 697E 72BF 3644 E90C 1388 7E7D 3B29

16. Mr AnalFace is offline Rusted Banger

Quote Originally Posted by immers »
    I like slamming on the brakes at the last minute and sailing majestically into a tree.....
    Lol. Wonderful choice of words.

17. viper4shane is offline Member

yea would be more pleasant being more sensitive then being on the rough side.

Black Sunday...

18. bigbcraig is offline Making Skidmarks

Well, i chose the first one because at many times the brakin g system is redicolous, but i've gotten used to it and I'm afraid that if atari tried to make ssome other fix, the cars would 'sail majestically into trees,' not becasue of lock-up, but becasue of a lack of braking power. So I almost chose the third option.

the best example of this / the reason i'm thinking this is becasue, if for instance you set the steering sensitivity low, it Isn't linear with the stick, it just slows down the wheel so you have tto steer full to the side sometimes a full second early, so that by time the wheels have turned, the turn is still at where you are (instead of behind you)

And, i wish that in the higher driving aid opptions (that i only use when i'm not going fast and don't want to feel like a mad mad,) had ABS. THat would be a lot easier.

... i just wrote a big 'ol essay. wow, i feel proud.
    Making power at redline doesn't make you faster. Making more power at whatever rpm you are at now does.
    -Dave Coleman (SCC)