1. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Default Vista Upgrade, need help choosing weather to install it or not.

I know this isn't gaming but seemed like the right place to put it.

I now have vista and donít know weather to install it or not. Basicly I use programs like paint shop pro 9 and photoshop 7 and donít know if there compatible with vista. Also there is the program of slowing down the PC. I have 2gb of ram but is Vista really good enough to run the risk of installing it. I have a free upgrade of home premium and once installed I canít get XP back so I need to make a right chioce.

Does anyone have any advice?
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

2. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Don't install it. Only Install it when the games that are only Vista compatible come.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I don't use the computer for gaming. Its just used for office, internet and photo editing really. Oh and music.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

4. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Then it might be an option. Only then it's a good choice..

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

5. craigie is offline I have the...

i have vista that i use for my music, photos and office.

i now have 3 computers running vista in my house and i havent had any problems yet.

2 have 2gbs of RAM and the other has just 1gb and it sped that machine up as well.
    Foo Fighters @ Wembley - 6th June
    Fatboy Slim @ O2 Wireless Festival 2008

6. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Hey can someone help me out with vista?

A friend of mine just bought Vista & says he's gonna make me a copy too. He says because this is a retail of version of vista we will both be able to run it, Is he right or will i run into problems if we both run vista at the same time.

Also how will my rig run vista(He says it's the ultimate version) I have a P4 2.9ghz, 1 gig ram & a Nvidia 7600 256mb. I asked him how ram vista takes up running at the bare minimum level (No aero etc) & he said roughly 500mb's. So is it worth it?

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

7. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    Hey can someone help me out with vista?

A friend of mine just bought Vista & says he's gonna make me a copy too. He says because this is a retail of version of vista we will both be able to run it, Is he right or will i run into problems if we both run vista at the same time.

Also how will my rig run vista(He says it's the ultimate version) I have a P4 2.9ghz, 1 gig ram & a Nvidia 7600 256mb. I asked him how ram vista takes up running at the bare minimum level (No aero etc) & he said roughly 500mb's. So is it worth it?
    Vista would run OK, but you would be scraping the barrel trying to play games. You would need at least 2GB of ram to run TDU Decently, and the processor would be in more use, reducing game performance. (Because P4's don't like vista, while Core2Duo's do)

8. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

shadow, i reckon it would work, i mean at home were are'nt running 3 computers off 1 copy of windows xp *cough*

just from experience, dont install the 'windows genuine advantage validation' because you will get a very annoying warning pop up every 20 minuites and its, in brief, a pain in the ass.

oh yeah, and from what i hear vista is unfinished crap anyway, with a general view of 'wait till Dx10 and a few patches come out'
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

9. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I think that what's i've decided to do, talked to a few people and have looked at the comments on here and i'm waiting till service pack one comes out. Anyway, when you upgrade do you keep all your prgrams and stuff becouse I have stuff like office 2007 which is my brothers copy and I never see him really anymore so i'll never get to install it again and I kind of need that program.
    -----

10. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    I think that what's i've decided to do, talked to a few people and have looked at the comments on here and i'm waiting till service pack one comes out. Anyway, when you upgrade do you keep all your prgrams and stuff becouse I have stuff like office 2007 which is my brothers copy and I never see him really anymore so i'll never get to install it again and I kind of need that program.
    I think if it is either Windows XP Pro or Home, then it will keep your programs. As for MCE (Media Centre), Server 2003, or x64 XP im not so sure.

11. iBilo is offline ;)

I thought with Vista you can't rip CD's?

12. craigie is offline I have the...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisicus »
    I thought with Vista you can't rip CD's?
    then you need to get better sources

Vista can rip cds
    Foo Fighters @ Wembley - 6th June
    Fatboy Slim @ O2 Wireless Festival 2008

13. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

My hardrive has decided to die on me so I have lost everything on there and the chance to use the vista installl, stupid thing.
    -----

14. iBilo is offline ;)

Quote Originally Posted by craigie »
    then you need to get better sources

Vista can rip cds
    Kk, cool. Cheers for telling me.