Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Allmighteh is offline Rusted Banger

Default Top Gear Series 9 Episode 4 Prieview : Get Ready for it :D

Space travel
    The challenge is a simple one: to build a cheap space rocket based on a car.

Enter a reluctant-looking Reliant Robin and the nice men from the British Rocketry Association (the same chaps who helped fire the Mini off the ski-jump in the TG Winter Olympics Episode) armed with enough rocket fuel to generate eight tonnes of thrust.

Will TG's biggest challenge yet go down in flames or prove as explosive as, ahem, pro-homosexuality slogans in Alabama? It's an episode not to be missed.

Turbo fan
    James and Richard love the Porsche 911. Jeremy hates it.

So with a new 911 Turbo out, it seemed only fair to let Captain Slow and the Hamster take it for a blast. However, it seemed far funnier to hand the 480bhp supercar over to JC to see whether it was good enough to convert a life-long Ferrari fan.

Top Pegg
    There aren't many celebrities that rave about the performance of our Chevrolet Lacetti. But after being relegated to rural police duties in a Vauxhall Astra diesel for his new cop comedy Hot Fuzz, Simon Pegg leapt delightedly into our Reasonably Priced Car for few hot laps of the TG track.

Fine tuning
    Apparently a 612bhp Mercedes SL65 AMG is a bit sedate for some people. So when the boys found out that unhinged German tuners Brabus offer a 720bhp version of the SL, they thought it only polite to introduce the SV12 S BiTurbo to our test track...and the Stig. Will the most powerful roadster in the world prove too much even for our tame racing driver?
    Doesnt seem alot in the show so maybe the space challenge is another long one, or alot in studio coverage.

Anyway sounds like another cracker!

Episode 5 preview coming next week as usuall :P

2. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Default Re: Top Gear Series 9 Episode 4 Prieview : Get Ready for it :D

Looks insane, anyone seen a real shuttle go off?
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

3. Lotus_God is offline i am as above

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    Looks insane, anyone seen a real shuttle go off?

yes i have its a amazing the heat and sound is immense and that 2 miles away

4. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Just wondering becouse if they stick to schedule I should get the chance to get to see one go up later this year.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

5. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

This episode gona be deadly, build a space ship out of what is it a car or something cool, cant wait should be a laugh

6. britracer is offline the dancing bananas

Looks like a good episode, should enjoy it as much as last weeks (Hammond and May's faces!!)

7. Glanzarog is offline Dumpster Boy

Pretty good episode apart from the space shuttle crap.
    Why can't we just have top gear like it was in the 80s and 90s?
    Sierra cosworths being driven to hell around tracks...

8. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Go and watch 5th gear then. That was brilliant. That "space ship" was the b funnyest bit. It's an enterainment show based around cars now, not a car show, and I like it that way.
    -----

9. Glanzarog is offline Dumpster Boy

Go and watch 5th gear then. That was brilliant. That "space ship" was the b funnyest bit. It's an enterainment show based around cars now, not a car show, and I like it that way.

:eek_blue:
    You're basically saying you prefer it being a "car" show for 10 year olds...

Oh dear....

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

That was a good episode and I enjoyed the 997 Turbo review as the editing and photography was stunning and JC did actually give some facts and voice his opinion on the car which was interesting but still filled with his humour. The talk about the Brabus was excellent, I liked when he talked about it on the dyno that with 1000 lbs/tq the car wouldn't move because the traction control was scared to let go and that when they turned it off it just span and killed the rubber on the tires until there was none.

The space shuttle was good, actually seeing The Rocket Men being able to do something like that was pretty cool and a testament to their genius but tbh watching that Robin crashing down and exploding was actually fun to view though I bet seeing it work properly would've been good too.

All in all a good episode and now we officially know JC has gotten rid of the GT and now has a cracking wee Gallardo Spyder and I personally cannot wait to see the LP640 next week. I think JC is developing a fondness for the Raging Bull again and hopefully as he said with the Gallardo Spyder; 'The Lunacy is back !'.
    I'm a bit mental.

11. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Its not for 10 year old'ss. Its about having fun. I love it my parents love it and my grandparents love it and so do many other millions of people. If you truly think it is for 10 year old's, explain why so many people love the show.
    -----

12. Glanzarog is offline Dumpster Boy

Its not for 10 year old'ss. Its about having fun. I love it my parents love it and my grandparents love it and so do many other millions of people. If you truly think it is for 10 year old's, explain why so many people love the show.

I'm saying I would prefer it to be more a car enthusiasts program instead of something people just sit down and watch to pass an hour.
    Can you honestly say you prefer it to this?

13. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I really can. I like these programs but they don't have the entertainment that Top Gear has. If I want to watch a program like this, I watch another program, but Top Gear is a great show to relax to on a sunday afternoon with your feet up and a cold beer, a lightharted show about somthing im intressted in.
    -----

14. Glanzarog is offline Dumpster Boy

I really can. I like these programs but they don't have the entertainment that Top Gear has. If I want to watch a program like this, I watch another program, but Top Gear is a great show to relax to on a sunday afternoon with your feet up and a cold beer, a lightharted show about somthing im intressted in.

What is the alternative?
    Also,please explain to me how you watched a video that was 7 minutes 22 seconds long is 3 minutes...

15. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I've seen the video before and there are loads of programs on sky.
    -----

16. Glanzarog is offline Dumpster Boy

I've seen the video before and there are loads of programs on sky.

Please tell me what programs!
    Don't say 5th gear,that's gone completely down hill...

17. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

5th gear is more of what you discribed yet you don't like that. There are a couple on discovery and men and motors, can't remember what there called, im looking though radiotimes.co.uk to try and find out.
    -----

18. Glanzarog is offline Dumpster Boy

5th gear is more of what you discribed yet you don't like that. There are a couple on discovery and men and motors, can't remember what there called, im looking though radiotimes.co.uk to try and find out.

Alright,thanks.
    Men and Motors did actually have some good programs on it but the presenters were second rate..

19. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Auto Mundial

Thats was one I think, and I do agree the presenters are a bit shocking.
    -----

20. Glanzarog is offline Dumpster Boy

Auto Mundial

Thats was one I think, and I do agree the presenters are a bit shocking.

I think I've watched that one before,is it the one with weird foreign voice over?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last