1. RobertLidstroem is offline Hot Hatch

Default Annoying lag - specs inside!

Hi, fellas!

Well i'm back into the game again, and i'm having quite fun, except for the lagging...I don't think my game should lag, giving what i have (not the cream of the crop stuff, but non the less:

Intel P4 3.28GHz
    1.5GB DDR2 Ram
    NVidia GeForce 8600GT

My internet connection is a 24Mbit ADSL-line.

I need some tips on setting up my stuff...

I can't even run on 1024x768 with NO Antialiasing and medium quality without lagging....

And that is ****e

Any tips?
    [Please make sure your signature is no more than 500x130 pixels and 100kB in size, thanks.]

2. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

It's the P4. (and another 512MB of memory would probably help)
    When I had my P4 running with my 8800GTS it lagged a fair bit sometimes, and once I replaced the p4 with an e6600 Core2Duo... FIXED!!!
    Also replacing the P4 gave me an extra 3800 3dMarks in 3dMark06

3. RobertLidstroem is offline Hot Hatch

Haha, ok But if I'm on a , say, "limited" budget? i can have 4gb of ram, i have 4 slots, so i guess i have to boost that in order to be "cheap"
    [Please make sure your signature is no more than 500x130 pixels and 100kB in size, thanks.]

4. Leithal is offline Just a Skidmark

and sometimes, when i start up the game, it will have major lag, a good alt tab out, then alt tab back in, fixes my lag really well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

That's mainly on pre 8-series Nvidia cards Leithal

6. Steeevy is offline Hot Hatch

It has to work..

Im playing on:

Amd Sempron 3000+ ( Almost same processor specs )
    1 GB RAM
    Geforce 8500GT

So ?

7. ScaR is offline Speed Racer

It should work, might be laggy though

8. RobertLidstroem is offline Hot Hatch

OK, i found the problem I can race in offline mode with 1024x768 and HDR without lagging, so i suspect its my crappy wireless-thingy here...Will move the modem closer to my room and plugin with a usb-cable instead of using the usb-wireless connector