Thread: Good job dude!

1. Allmighteh is offline Rusted Banger

Default Good job dude!

Loving the forum mate :bananadance:

1 question, you oviously paid for the license for vBulletin right? how much was it all in all?

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Re: Good job dude!

Cheers matt, the licence was just over 90.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Allmighteh is offline Rusted Banger

Cool, always wanted it myself, but never got around to actually buying it.

But yeh great site , looking forward to the site

4. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

90 - thats it?

why hasnt atari invested in a later version than its ancient model?

cheap buggers

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Lwsbrck »
    90 - thats it?

why hasnt atari invested in a later version than its ancient model?

cheap buggers
    I believe 3.0 to 3.6 is a fair upgrade and could result in them losing or having to restructure the board as I think they changed the database structure slightly.
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    I believe 3.0 to 3.6 is a fair upgrade and could result in them losing or having to restructure the board as I think they changed the database structure slightly.
    you know more than is healthy about computers mate

but hey, when you can get things like this going i bow down to you
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by nipper »
    you know more than is healthy about computers mate
    Trial and error mate, mainly error but hey it's the best way to learn. One thing I hate about coding though is what I call "the 5 hour problem", this is a simple or unexpected error that appears and then it takes you upto 5 hours to solve. What's funny about these though is that if after 5 hours you have not made any progress, chill, walk away and come back to it and usually within 30mins you've solved it.

Anyone who does code will know what I'm on about. "Damn missing semi-colon !!!!" lol
    I'm a bit mental.

8. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

if you walk away from it straight away then theoretically you should solve it in half hour LOL
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

touche ! Unfortunately it never works that way
    I'm a bit mental.

10. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

in the end, i say all that effort was worth it, just look at the site is deadly, well done Diablo

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Street Ryder »
    in the end, i say all that effort was worth it, just look at the site is deadly, well done Diablo
    Thanks Street Ryder, in 2 days time we are a week old !! lol Let's see if the news of DLC and the update #3 coming fairly soon relights the interest in this game and brings some of them here!

I am in the process of creating all the images for this board to fit in with it's style and theme and then I am going to get back to work on the site. February is a short month and I want to get the forum and the site (phase #1 anyway) active and online as well as at least one new video.

This is going to be such a fun month.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

i have to hand it to you Diablo for the amount of work your doin for the site, yeh some videos would be cool

13. neilgt is offline Rusted Banger

Thumbs up Re: Good job dude!

Damn diablo don't you ever sleep!!!!! sterling work mate. you must really love this game orrrr really hate sleep (and money)!?!. good work mate

14. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Quote Originally Posted by neilgt »
    Damn diablo don't you ever sleep!!!!! sterling work mate. you must really love this game orrrr really hate sleep (and money)!?!. good work mate
    Haha, no Diablo just loves making people happy and bringing people togeather... Oh wait...
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

15. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

This is a great forum, use this much mkore than the offical one now. Just throught I would ask, do you do all your own graphics becouse they are impressive. From what i've seen. I've been learning website code on and off the the past two year and have got HTML, CSS and that lot quite well and am starting to play with PHP. The thing I really cannot do is graphic deisgn, that why I used a template on my gamertag website and just a background pic on my club (now gone club) website. Has anyone got any tips for graphic deisgn so i don't end up reining my websites with poor images.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

16. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Yep all the work at the moment is done by me, myself and I and currently I'm slaving away coding all the backend stuff for the main TDUC site as well as trying some ideas that will be implemented in phase #2 including club pages and a good way of tracking video downloads to keep bandwidth running smooth.

Still a lot to do but I'm getting there... slowly. I'm trying to keep everything as standards compliant as possible also as well as work well in most Internet browsers as well as look at phones and the PSP in the future.
    I'm a bit mental.

17. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Still a lot to do but I'm getting there... slowly. I'm trying to keep everything as standards compliant as possible also as well as work well in most Internet browsers as well as look at phones and the PSP in the future.
    I've been visiting the site on PSP, It's pretty much file I've got no complaints...

18. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

How quickly is it loading on PSP ?
    I'm a bit mental.

19. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

How quickly is it loading on PSP ?
    Depending on connection I'd reckon in about 30 seconds, but I'll get a proper figure next time I long in.