Thread: Driving Aids

1. Lord is offline Just a Skidmark

Default Driving Aids

What exactly do they do, i usually just leave it on sport when driving around or racing and then turn it off when attempting to drift, what are the differences between "Driving Aid" "Hypersport" and "Sport".

2. Jt 396 Drye is offline Bondurant

The Driving Aid is the same thing as Traction Control. "Off" is no traction control, "Hypersport" is the closest to off, "Sport is just for playing around, "Driving Aid" is minimal tire spin {full traction control}. I use "Driving Aid" for cruising, racing, etc...I use "Hypersport" while drifting in HCM. You can still get wheel spin while fully accelerating from a stop in "Driving Aid", what you do is slowly pull RT (controller)and that will cause no tire spin at all. Also, when you buy a car from a dealership (usually fast cars) you will still get wheel spin using "Driving Aid". You just have to break the car's engine in to make it stop, usually by putting some miles on it. Hope that all helped.

3. Lord is offline Just a Skidmark

yeah, i've been playing for awhile (455 achievements) so i know all about the car behavour, just wondered why it gives so many traction control options without describing what they do, well now i know :P

4. MrColonist is offline Upcomming drifter

Quote Originally Posted by Jt 396 Drye »
    The Driving Aid is the same thing as Traction Control. "Off" is no traction control, "Hypersport" is the closest to off, "Sport is just for playing around, "Driving Aid" is minimal tire spin {full traction control}. I use "Driving Aid" for cruising, racing, etc...I use "Hypersport" while drifting in HCM. You can still get wheel spin while fully accelerating from a stop in "Driving Aid", what you do is slowly pull RT (controller)and that will cause no tire spin at all. Also, when you buy a car from a dealership (usually fast cars) you will still get wheel spin using "Driving Aid". You just have to break the car's engine in to make it stop, usually by putting some miles on it. Hope that all helped.
    Thanks man! I didn't know either! :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Porsche Carrera GT - "Oouh!"

Leader of 'The Sagarillaz' club!

5. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

i only ever use OFF these days, but back when i did Ranked Racing i used Driving Aid (everybody does)

since HCM though no driving aids required
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

6. MrColonist is offline Upcomming drifter

Quote Originally Posted by N1PPER »
    i only ever use OFF these days, but back when i did Ranked Racing i used Driving Aid (everybody does)

since HCM though no driving aids required

AIDS is never good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Porsche Carrera GT - "Oouh!"

Leader of 'The Sagarillaz' club!

7. superturismo is offline Hot Hatch

lol

8. bigbcraig is offline Making Skidmarks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jt 396 Drye »
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, adn I know i write too much stuff in general too much at a time on these forums, but.. you mean something actually happens when a car gains miles; that there is a 'break-in' period? for real?

btw, to not be too O/T, I only use "off", and sometimes "hypersport" when i'm driving a very fast car (mod. enzo; koenigsegg, etc.) or I'm just lazily driving.
    Making power at redline doesn't make you faster. Making more power at whatever rpm you are at now does.
    -Dave Coleman (SCC)

9. Jt 396 Drye is offline Bondurant

Yeah it happens a lot to me, like when I buy a new Lamborghini (showroom). The wheels will still spin in "Driving Aid". You just have to drive the car a little bit to break it in.