Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

1. T0M722 is offline "POWWEERRRR!!"

Talking NASCAR::whats sooo good about it?

Hey,

I was playing TDU today and i came across this guy that loved NASCAR, he and I had an argument about NASCAR and i think that it's quite easy and it doesn't involve any skill like D1 drifting or something.

This is my opinion and you can agree or not but i truly think that a dog could sit in the seat of a NASCAR and give it a good go.

Flickr

TDU2 '11 (we're hoping ^^)

2. RB26DETT is offline Banned

i watch nascar and i do enjoy it but i'm not a die hard fan. i like the sense of speed and overtaking and the sound of those v8's. mmmmm... v8...

3. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Simple sports for simple people.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

4. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

I just like it for the crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

5. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Of course it involves skill, have you seen how close those cars get at high speeds? overtaking isnt easy, i don't think you need as much skill as an F1 driver or anything like that, but its not a walk in the park

O and i'm not a fan of nascar, just never got into watching it

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

6. Kelvjy is offline _________________________

I shall enter with this
    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

And leave with a few words.
    Nascar does take skill to drive when your racing a 800HP car at 200mph with a few feet between a driver behind, to the side and infront of you . Still not my kind of motorsport .

7. BobbyV is offline insomniac

hmmm yes, I think they are a kind of modern American gladiators, along with wrestlers and other silly sports. The crowd is listening the engine noises and only waiting for someone to screw something up and cause a huge crash. I agree with tWm. Simple fun for simple minds.

8. Immelmann is offline Custom User Title

I've always gone with the thinking that small things entertain small minds. Nascar makes me nauseous anyway.

9. a nugget is offline BNR34 FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    I just like it for the crashes
    lol, me too

10. iLLGT3 is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by CarMadMike »
    Of course it involves skill, have you seen how close those cars get at high speeds? overtaking isnt easy, i don't think you need as much skill as an F1 driver or anything like that, but its not a walk in the park

O and i'm not a fan of nascar, just never got into watching it
    +1 There is a lot of skilll in nascar. There is are of things that go into the sport. Most people would not guess that it kind of is a team sport. Look up what a bump draft is. I'm not a fan of circle track racing but like I said, there is a lot more to nascar than what people think...

11. interceptor999 is offline Gasoline Dreams

But there not driving at 200 mph.....And its not STOCK car racing its aluminum body wrapped around a tubular chassis made in a shop racing....STOCK car racing would entail they actually race STOCK cars, like the ones you see in the show room. And what happens if they try and turn right? CRASH BOOM......dead!

12. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

The only reason why I used to watch it was because I always expected a crash.

The amount of crashes slowly died out so I stopped watching it, lol.

13. sanrevo is offline Sportscar Racer

At least the drivers have guts . I mean i've seen alot of Nascar crashes and you definitely need alot of guts and courage to race with the track with all the drivers .. and get dizzy with them .
    10 점 완 벽 한 10 점

14. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Where words abandon you, images take over.

flickr

15. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

You owe me lunch Sir, for its now all over my keyboard

16. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

flickr

17. Sponge is offline Spongify

Yes. Because I'd love to tour the USA watching cars make two corners.

I'll stick with the Isle of Mann TT, thanks.

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

18. T0M722 is offline "POWWEERRRR!!"

What i'm trying to say agrees with Danger sponge.

Flickr

TDU2 '11 (we're hoping ^^)

19. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Haha this is funny .... Most Brits don't understand the concept of NASCAR they see it has a motorsport that involves nothing more than going around in an oval 500 times on a Sunday afternoon. Thats all but like any sport when you learn the rules, become familiar with the sport and watched it a few times it starts to make sense.

I like Nascar I'm not gonna lie but then again I am very pro 'Merican sports type of person so its pretty obvious I would like it.

Nascar is a good sport and you know what ? I find Nascar more exciting than f1 and thats before we have even talked about the Nascar road races .... now those make for some essential viewing .

So in conclusion NASCAR is a good sport and frankly I don't know what eveyones beef is with the sport, its fast, its entertaining, its exciting and there is plenty of overtaking. I mean honestly what more could you want from a motorsport ?????

Still it doesn't beat sportscar racing though ..... Sportscar racing is the future according to the great man that is Tom Kristensen .
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

20. Gunned_Down666 is offline Burnout King

I only watch nascar for marcos ambros being in it.. but yes nascar is good its ok to watch or let it run un the background and do something else thats what i normally do!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last