Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

1. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

I'd say that tracks these days are very competitive, progressive banking has added a LOT to the sport.
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark

2. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

I like when they turn right.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

3. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

I like it for the cars, Nascar cars sound cool and there's something about their build-up which I like, including the shape of the bodywork, a nice big 2-door basic shell. I really would like to have one with a plaincolored body in a private collection if I could.

4. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

Necro-post lulz.
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark

5. The Compensator is offline Future heel&toe historian

Quote Originally Posted by Mb »
    LOL.

6. Ryzza5 is offline .

You mean when they crash into the wall?, yeah that's my fav bit too

7. BeSweeet is offline Car Aficianado

*4 years later*

Talladega, everyone.

My Desktop Build
    Core i7-2600K @ 4GHz, ASUS GTX 1060, 16GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, MSI Z68A-GD80 mobo, Windows 10 Pro x64
    Twitter | Website

8. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Do these cars not have brakes or something? There are a few times where you'd think you'd try and slow down or change course to limit any impact in those videos but the reaction times didn't seem amazing haha

Absolutely crazy, and is that your iphone going off in the background a few times?

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

9. BeSweeet is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by iMyk »
    Do these cars not have brakes or something? There are a few times where you'd think you'd try and slow down or change course to limit any impact in those videos but the reaction times didn't seem amazing haha

Absolutely crazy, and is that your iphone going off in the background a few times?
    When you're going 200MPH, it still takes forever to stop. It's usually best to hold your line or make minor maneuvers around the wrecks, since you have 20 other people around you trying to do the same thing.

Those were various Windows 10 notifications .
    My Desktop Build
    Core i7-2600K @ 4GHz, ASUS GTX 1060, 16GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, MSI Z68A-GD80 mobo, Windows 10 Pro x64
    Twitter | Website

10. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Oh I wasn't expecting them to stop or even get anywhere near close to shopping, there were just a few situations where I'd have thought trying to decrease speed even slightly might have helped haha

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

11. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

I don't know.. it just seems like a sport for people who want to watch crashes. Without them you're watching cars drive left for a few hours.
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

12. BeSweeet is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Softie »
    I don't know.. it just seems like a sport for people who want to watch crashes. Without them you're watching cars drive left for a few hours.
    That can be same for every other motorsport, except just that they can turn left and right.

Talladega is just one of those tracks where this type of thing is to be expected. But at smaller tracks where crashes don't happen often, they've been great to see so far this season (yes, left turns can be exciting). Great close, photo finishes, tons of passing and close racing. A season hasn't started out this good in years.
    Last edited by BeSweeet; 02/05/16 at 02:52 AM.
    My Desktop Build
    Twitter | Website

13. TIMELESS is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BeSweeet »
    That can be same for every other motorsport, excited that they turn left and right.

Talladega is just one of those tracks where this type of thing is to be expected. But at smaller tracks where crashes don't happen often, they've been great to see so far this season (yes, left turns can be exciting). Great close, photo finishes, tons of passing and close racing. A season hasn't started out this good in years.
    Right but that's the thing, other races aren't just a circle, they're a series of different corners which can each be a challenge of their own - then you have other drivers trying to pass them on these corners, etc etc. And then you have rallying, which is in a whole other league. "Here's a really tight road, with slippy surfaces, and you have to depend on some guy sitting next to you to tell you what way to go before you can even see it"
    #LETSMAKETDUCKGREATAGAIN

Naturally Hans is wet, hes standing under a waterfall.

14. BeSweeet is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Softie »
    Right but that's the thing, other races aren't just a circle, they're a series of different corners which can each be a challenge of their own - then you have other drivers trying to pass them on these corners, etc etc.
    NASCAR tracks also have all of that. The ovals have varying degrees of banking, different surfaces, different length of turns and straightaways, etc. Average speeds in the turns are generally very high. And don't forget that you have 39 other cars around you trying to pass at speeds in excess of 170MPH. You won't find a single driver who thinks they're all the same to drive.
    My Desktop Build
    Twitter | Website

15. Ryzza5 is offline .

I think because the aerodynamics and steering rack are tuned to go left as fast as possible, evasive actions (which will require some sort of right turn) will cause major instability issues anyway, especially when you factor in the aero effects of all the other surrounding cars.

16. CLR-GTR is offline Bunchie farmer

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Search Tags

drift
nascar
opinion
tdu
top gear