1. BeSweeet is offline Car Aficianado

I noticed . I was looking at the real estate in Australia and prices in USD and AUD were similar. I might move there someday, or at least visit.
    My Desktop Build
    Core i7-2600K @ 4GHz, ASUS GTX 1060, 16GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, MSI Z68A-GD80 mobo, Windows 10 Pro x64
    Twitter | Website

2. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

Here I come, to necropost!

NASCAR is *extremely* hard to do. The slick tires with the racing surface, going 200 into the corners, being a foot away from cars right next to you, yeah, I'd love to see every single NASCAR hater to get into one of these 800 hp bad-boys and give it a go.

Not as challenging as F1, but ladies and gentlemen, it's a close second.

3. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

The challenge on Nascar is racing fast while you are drafting and really near others... you really can not make a little mistake, because if you do, you are out.

4. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkylark »
    Not as challenging as F1, but ladies and gentlemen, it's a close second.
    Ever heard of LeMans?
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

5. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    The challenge on Nascar is racing fast while you are drafting and really near others... you really can not make a little mistake, because if you do, you are out.
    Yes. Milli has the right idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by repyhrepus »
    Ever heard of LeMans?
    LOL, I have! XD Still, *you* get in a NASCAR and we'll see how easy it is...

6. Leadfoot[YT] is offline COTM Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Milli »
    Yeah, but it doesn't matter - they all get millions anyway, and all the drunk fans still cheer for the crashes. Yes, a stock car is challenging to drive, but there is so little variation for the viewer that it does seem boring.

-Leadfoot

HittingRedline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza
    ...Norton deleted it.
    Maybe you should return the favour to Norton.

7. Milli is offline An eternal apprentice.

Well, i started to like Nascar more after i play Gran Turismo 5... and then i learned it and beat my brothers at oval racing... lol

8. zmagicchivas is offline Rubber Side Down!

You don't know how difficult something actually is, until you try it yourself! I think Nascar is cool! But IRL is better!

9. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

all types of professional racing is hard but I wouldn't think nascar is harder than any other type. As for entertaintment I think going around circles in cars that look exactly the same is for pikeys. I prefer to have some corners.

10. Ryzza5 is offline .

As far as Gran Turismo events go, NASCAR is one of the harder events, simply because with the even performance, lack of difficulty in the tracks, and massive drafting, you can't really create a lead, they'll just slipstream on the next straight and enter the next corner at a higher speed than you. But beyond watching the crashes in the condensed highlights, it's as boring as watching paint dry. Only in America do you have to keep it easy for the locals to understand, I guess

British and Australian touring car races are much more fun to watch, as far as watching the whole event. How awesome was it when the two Hondas took each other out on the last corner of Race 2 at Oulton Park
    The crash at the hairpin in the race before was epic as well.

As for the V8 Supercars race at Hidden valley last weekend, the top 3 drivers took each other out on the first corner after a safety car took too long to enter pit lane.

11. SBCriss is offline Car Aficianado

I've always loved NASCAR, but I never saw a whole race because they don't show it on TV and I haven't found a online stream yet..
    I used to watch F1, but now I'm getting bored.. I usually only watch the start and then check later on who has won.. Currently, there is always the same guy who wins. Other then that the races aren't exciting anymore, if someone wins, then by an edvance of +/- 10seconds..
    Now to NASCAR.. First of all I prefer the V8 sound by far. What I also love is that there's side by side beating and banging at 200mph with cars that dont grip.
    In NASCAR the leader change so often, which makes it so exciting. NASCAR has excitment, F1 not anymore
    I'd just love to be able to watch the NASCAR races every sunday

Instagram: crisseh95

12. superhyper is offline mamamamamamamadness

Quote Originally Posted by SBCriss »
    Currently, there is always the same guy who wins.
    So sHamilton has won all the previous races as well?
    Listen to Mike, I'm definitely not the most super out of all the non-super moderators, just check the username! (;

13. SBCriss is offline Car Aficianado

He won the last one, ok, or maybe 2 last idk, but still, always the same people at the first places

Instagram: crisseh95

14. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

lol I think comparing f1 and nascar is like comparing justin bieber and rebecca black , if you want some real racing watch wtcc or the lemans series.

15. hpluls is offline Bogan Chariot Aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzmcom »
    lol I think comparing f1 and nascar is like comparing justin bieber and rebecca black , if you want some real racing watch wtcc or the lemans series.
    Mind if I sig it?

16. Ozzmcom is offline BBW-ingame

oh well go ahead :P

17. randomsox10 is offline Hachi-Roku

i used to watch NASCAR all the time when i was 5. but around the age of 10 it started to get old so i stopped caring. i love F1 i've been i love since the 2004 season and cannot wait for the US Grand Prix next year. i also watch a lot of ALMS(American Le Mans) and been to the grand prix in Long Beach a couple of times.

18. Beav is offline Sideways!

There is nothing good about it, simple! Lol

19. Paladin Skylark is offline Stark

Once again Necroposting... But NASCAR is an extremely competitive, contact sport. F1 goes around a track with no contact and Vettel winning all the time... yeah, great sport.
    PSN: Sky_Gam // XBLA: SkylarkGaming // Steam: Paladin Skylark

20. BeSweeet is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by SBCriss »
    I've always loved NASCAR, but I never saw a whole race because they don't show it on TV and I haven't found a online stream yet..
    I used to watch F1, but now I'm getting bored.. I usually only watch the start and then check later on who has won.. Currently, there is always the same guy who wins. Other then that the races aren't exciting anymore, if someone wins, then by an edvance of +/- 10seconds..
    Now to NASCAR.. First of all I prefer the V8 sound by far. What I also love is that there's side by side beating and banging at 200mph with cars that dont grip.
    In NASCAR the leader change so often, which makes it so exciting. NASCAR has excitment, F1 not anymore
    I'd just love to be able to watch the NASCAR races every sunday
    I stream the races in high quality every Sunday on Justin.TV (as well as the Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series races, and other stuff occasionally).

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence »
    Once again Necroposting... But NASCAR is an extremely competitive, contact sport. F1 goes around a track with no contact and Vettel winning all the time... yeah, great sport.
    ^^^ This.

Anywho, I know that this post is late, but the championship race was excellent. The championship came down to the last 20 laps for the top two contenders. If you haven't watched it, torrent it (search for NASCAR 2011 round 36), or just watch the replay of my live stream on JTV: Justin.tv

As per the boring statement, yes, a lot of the races nowadays are boring because the tracks are a bit too generic and offer nothing challenging or interesting (Pocono, Auto Club, etc).
    My Desktop Build
    Core i7-2600K @ 4GHz, ASUS GTX 1060, 16GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, MSI Z68A-GD80 mobo, Windows 10 Pro x64
    Twitter | Website

Search Tags

drift
nascar
opinion
tdu
top gear