1. Lotus_God is offline i am as above

Default saturn sky/opel ?/vauxhall ? at the nurburgring

so its over on the continent then ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner

that i believe is the Opel. from a distance, the emblem looks like Opel. in another thread, i mentioned when they released the Opel GT (@ an auto show) the badging looks almost IDENTICAL to the Saturn Sky, compared to the production badge in the grille)

(concept's upper grille)

(production's upper grille)

Here's the Saturn Sky's front
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

3. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

yeh its like the vauxhall turbo thinymagigi as well, i saw this last month on topgear and posted it on the atari forums

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

4. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

That actually looks pretty cool. Is it going or is it IN production?

5. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Its an Opel. It is in production only in Europe as an Opel or in the U.S. as a Saturn. From what i remember reading in TG mag they have no plans to bring it to the U.K. and put a Vauxhall badge on it. Which is good as putting a vauxhall badge on a car ruins it.

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

if it was made by general motors in the 1st place it was ruined

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

7. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

It does indeed ruin the car^^. Thats a shame though because it's very unlikely i will ever see one on the road

8. Nodz86 is offline ____________

In the past week i have seen Two of the old shape VX220 (opel GT) which was basically a lotus elise with a new shell.

Does anyone know if this new one is a lotus elise with a new shell on it or a complete new car?

9. Lotus_God is offline i am as above

Quote Originally Posted by Nodz86 »
    In the past week i have seen Two of the old shape VX220 (opel GT) which was basically a lotus elise with a new shell.

Does anyone know if this new one is a lotus elise with a new shell on it or a complete new car?

no! definitely not , as a lotus elise owner we get all the info from lotus sent to us through ownders clubs and never heard of that .
    also lotus wouldnt make a car like that too heavey !

10. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus_God »
    no! definitely not , as a lotus elise owner we get all the info from lotus sent to us through ownders clubs and never heard of that .
    also lotus wouldnt make a car like that too heavey !
    i agree. i looked @ specs for the Slostice/Sky @ saturn, and Pontiac's website, and those things weigh as almost as much as my 2003 WRX!!! And its a roadster!!
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

11. Nodz86 is offline ____________

The original VX220 has the same roof and the same basic chasis but as you say it is heavier.

Link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3z5pqT7lfuE

edit:
    Also if you look here Tif says it is even built by Lotus

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e2u-XTdDR...related&search=

12. Lotus_God is offline i am as above

YES , the vx220 was designed on the lotus "award winning" chassis and designed by lotus .
    it was built in the lotus factory which as a lotus owner i got to have a tour of , and was told about the vx220

it was heavier ofcourse , less good looking , and a worse car than the lotus

many people just say its the " Tesco value lotus"