Whether it's that you don't want your profiles wiped, or you need to uninstall but want to keep your profiles, this tutorial will help. Here are the 5 easy steps to backing up and restoring your profile
1. First, make a TDU backup folder somewhere safe where it won't get deleted. Preferably an external storage device.
2. Go to
- X:\Users\Username\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\ for Windows Vista
- X:\Documents and Settings\Username\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\ for Windows XP
3. Right click on the folder named "savegame" and press copy.
4. Go back into the folder that you created in step 1, right click in it and press paste.
5. To get your profile back, open the folder that you created in step 1, right click on the savegame folder, then go back to where you found the savegame folder in step 2 and paste it.
And you're done!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: Backing up save files.
22/05/09, 11:18 AM Location: USA | Posts: 7 | #1
Backing up save files.
Last edited by Genius Camel; 23/05/09 at 00:24 AM.
22/05/09, 20:21 PM Location: here, there, who cares? | Posts: 504 | #2
also a good idea to save it on a memory stick, just in case of a catastrophic meltdown of the hard drive.
22/05/09, 23:45 PM Location: Norfolk, UK | Posts: 2,714 | #3
23/05/09, 00:03 AM | Posts: 8,890 | #4
Stickied the thread and I might change the instructions to make them a bit easier to understand.
23/05/09, 01:29 AM Location: Dundee, Scotland | Posts: 5,205 | #5
06/06/09, 09:44 AM Location: honolulu | Posts: 75 | #6
06/01/10, 05:05 AM Location: usa | Posts: 23 | #7
Try to rename the folder in which your user resides, however the new name might not work because it will try to find the gamespy server from it was created and that will create a conflict, I tried once didnt work. good luck, good question though. Let me know if You made it work.advertisement
By Devang_Gandhi in forum Released ModsReplies: 57Last Post: 18/05/13, 13:39 PM
By HeLeX in forum TDU1 - PCReplies: 2Last Post: 11/05/09, 08:42 AM
By Leadfoot[YT] in forum Vehicle RequestsReplies: 3Last Post: 14/09/08, 17:25 PM
By roadster07 in forum TDU1 - Xbox 360Replies: 1Last Post: 15/04/07, 12:06 PM
By Nauraushaun in forum TDU1 - PlayStation 2 & PSPReplies: 4Last Post: 12/04/07, 10:58 AM