1. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

Default Game buy out Gamestation!

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/784/784988p1.html

UK, May 2, 2007 - Europe's biggest videogame retailer, GAME, has announced that it's acquired major high street competitor Gamestation in a deal worth 74 million.

This buy out adds a further 217 stores to GAME's 406 shops in the UK and Eire, although Gamestation will continue to operate under its own name in an effort to keep both brand identities separate.

GAME chairman Peter Lewis cited Gamestation's high reputation among the hardcore gaming community as playing a key part in the deal. "We are delighted to bring Gamestation into our portfolio and believe it has a strong future within the group," said Lewis. "The Gamestation business is one we have long admired and is complementary to our existing business in terms of both store portfolio and target customers.
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

2. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel

Yeah, I read it this afternoon. Gamestation's prices where catching up with Game's anyway. 49.99 for some new 360 releases when I last checked at Gamestation. Needless to say, I only get pre-owned games from the 2 shops. Brand new games come from Play.com.

3. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

same, still, i found gamestation vastly better for pre-owned than game.

personally:

www.play.com < New releases
    www.gameplay.co.uk < new games that have been out a while
    Gamestation (highstreet) < Preowned stuff.

really should take a look at gamestation!

TDU for &#163;23
    Condemmed for &#163;13
    RB6 for &#163;25
    Saints row for &#163;23

you get the picture. anyway, delivery is free.

alot of these games are still full price at play.com, so if you want a game thats been out a while then i reccomend gameplay
    Last edited by Who; 02/05/07 at 23:23 PM.
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

4. SupermAnthony is offline Man Of Steel

Haha my local Gamestation has got pre-owned PS3's. Tut tut. They had a pre-owned Wii last week that they were selling for 230 and it was only the standard Wii package.