Thread: GFX Card

1. FateFTL is offline bbq?

Exclamation GFX Card

Yes, another topic. I'm using the excuse that this topic may help people that want to buy a new gfx card but don't know what to buy. *Hides behind excuse*

Price Price w/ rebates % chance of buying

eVGA 7600GT $109.99 ($99.99 w/ rebates) 75%

XFX 7600GT $129.99 10%

SAPPHIRE Radeon x1950GT $139.99 ($109.99 w/ rebates) 5% (Because of my PSU, it would bottleneck it.)

XFX 7600GT $119.99 ($99.99 w/ rebates) 10% (Cheaper because it has a wee bit lower clock speed/memory)

I would like you to kind of ignore the rebates, because they never seem to work for me.
    Which is best? You decide.

Last edited by FateFTL; 29/04/07 at 20:50 PM.

2. ///AMGedUP is offline Sportscar Racer

hmm 8600gt???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150229

why go with a DX9 card now??

3. FateFTL is offline bbq?

I just need a card to hold me over until DX10 cars aren't overpriced. Which one? I'm not getting a DX10 card now, especially not a 8600, won't play any games and has the performance of a what? 7900?

4. Howen is offline V.I.P Member

Default If i were you

If i were you i would've chosen the SAPPHIRE Radeon card !
    Aaah

5. FateFTL is offline bbq?

Haven't bought it yet. I probably am, though.

6. neilgt is offline Rusted Banger

Wink

x1950 mate, awesome card. it's a very fast gpu. I've got the pro (256 mb). It's the best card for the price (and I used to be geforce fan)
    Last edited by neilgt; 28/04/07 at 23:03 PM.

7. FateFTL is offline bbq?

Not getting it, figured out it's a sucker for power. I don't have a lot of power to feed it. Spells out bottleneck.